Your Day in a Sentence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Consulted with a couple who are my tax clients and broke the new (used) car on the way to the next client so I took the metro and bus home and now I'm having a few drinks.

Walking in the rain, playing on the computer, making a disgusting dinner and now getting ready for bed.

My dinner was a dud. Good thing I'm not hungry.
Aww, what happened? I am sure it wasn't that bad. My corned beef was a bit tough but that was because of a mix-up at DH's work. Don't want to get into it but he texted me that dinner was yummy - husbands are very forgiving. I am sure Shrek like it just because you made it! :)

My day in a sentence,
I had a wonderful time having tea with my BFF and came home to the dogs acting out because they were left alone for a whole 2 hours (Violet "dug up" our bed covers again and Joie barked and barked for 30 minutes straight!). :wacko:

Aww, what happened? I am sure it wasn't that bad. My corned beef was a bit tough but that was because of a mix-up at DH's work. Don't want to get into it but he texted me that dinner was yummy - husbands are very forgiving. I am sure Shrek like it just because you made it! :)

My day in a sentence,
I had a wonderful time having tea with my BFF and came home to the dogs acting out because they were left alone for a whole 2 hours (Violet "dug up" our bed covers again and Joie barked and barked for 30 minutes straight!). :wacko:

Yes, Shrek was very polite, but did not argue when it went into the trash, it smelled good, but it all tasted the same, bitter and over spiced...we had Key Lime Pie (bright green) for dessert, all was not lost.

Yes, Shrek was very polite, but did not argue when it went into the trash, it smelled good, but it all tasted the same, bitter and over spiced...we had Key Lime Pie (bright green) for dessert, all was not lost.

Sounds like you didn't cook the corn beef long enough. And I never use the pickling packet that comes with some corn beef. It has been injected with a brine solution and then sits in a barrel of brine.

Next time, plenty of water. Cover the meat completely, bring to a hard boil, lower to an active simmer and let it cook covered for at least three hours. Check frequently after two hours for tenderness. Add veggies last half hour. Cabbage last ten/fifteen minutes. :chef:

Sounds like you didn't cook the corn beef long enough. And I never use the pickling packet that comes with some corn beef. It has been injected with a brine solution and then sits in a barrel of brine.

Next time, plenty of water. Cover the meat completely, bring to a hard boil, lower to an active simmer and let it cook covered for at least three hours. Check frequently after two hours for tenderness. Add veggies last half hour. Cabbage last ten/fifteen minutes. :chef:

It was the Irish Stout that I used and too much pickling spice. This is the first time I have ever had a failure with corned beef. That's okay, I bought another one today and I'll fix it next weekend.:chef:

Mourning the idea of going home tomorrow after a fantastic vacay with friends both above and under water.

I awoke to left sided carpal tunnel pain radiating up to my elbow & right sided neck and shoulder pain. No bread making today. JEESH! I'm only 38, I hate to see me at 78.

Just got home from mass. It's an overcast cool day outside. Plans to go through the garage & pass on the small kids clothes to the less fortunate.

Addie said:
What the heck did you do to get yourself in this situation? :(

I blame the bread kneading for the carpal tunnel since the first time I got diagnosed with it I was a teenager making biscuits for Hardee's fast food Restuarant across from Clemson University (umm... Can you say BIZZY?) I had the rediculous surgery, quit the biscuit making, & still it came back. Flares up from time to time. As for the neck & shoulders - degenerative disc so some part of my back is frequently hurting. That's life, & I'm still happy to have mine though.

My day actually improved greatly. We took our dog to a local dog friendly garden walk. It was a beautiful very warm day and had a great time with hubby & Dad and great exercise too. Ended virtually pain free. Pain doesn't usually start until I go to bed though. Wish me luck with sleep.

Got all of our errands done today. I feel so bad for Dh. He got home late from dealing with his families property. He has a terrible headache & is physically & emotionally drained. He has to have 5 pies done for tomorrow morning. I convinced him to sleep for awhile. I don't want to wake him up, but he will be so upset if I don't.

Back
Top Bottom