"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #211
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
slept most of the day. will check if doubling dose of blood pressure is making me sleepy. doubled on dr. orders.
That is a distinct possibility. How long are you staying up when you do get up?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #212
Assistant Cook

Great day back to work tommorow after almost 2 months off already dreading it broken dentures with a ping hammer not mine insane dentist lovely dairy free chocolate pie for dessert perfect ending to a wonderful day.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:10 AM   #213
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Very lazy, I did manage to take 3 online courses for continuing education and gained 3 contact hours, now wondering what to do for the next few hours before I go to sleep.
Too bad your work experience on a day to day basis can't count for CE. Every so often my son goes to conferences and they do count for his required CE.

Even though he is a PA and not a DR he has proven himself on the job and now some of the doctors ask him for advice. And the hosital is going to be hiring more PAs. He has been given the position of being responsible for the program and is writing up the protocol for them. He will be their supervisor. I wonder if that will go toward any of his CE requirements. He is in the ER. He has quite a puff file that has followed him right along his career from paramedic to PA.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #214
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Too bad your work experience on a day to day basis can't count for CE. Every so often my son goes to conferences and they do count for his required CE.

Even though he is a PA and not a DR he has proven himself on the job and now some of the doctors ask him for advice. And the hosital is going to be hiring more PAs. He has been given the position of being responsible for the program and is writing up the protocol for them. He will be their supervisor. I wonder if that will go toward any of his CE requirements. He is in the ER. He has quite a puff file that has followed him right along his career from paramedic to PA.
You would think that working would add to your CE, but it doesn't. Montana just started requiring CE's for nurses last year. We have to get 24 hours in two years. It used to be our Inservices counted as CE, but now they don't. We have to take formal courses that cost money. They also have to encompass a wide range of topics...I refuse to take Pediatric CE courses, I don't work with kids and I never will. I was lucky to find an accredited company that offers a wide range of Geriatric CE's. I have signed up for three courses, Aging & Long term Care, Osteoporosis and Alzheimer's.

The three hours I got yesterday were on Acute Coronary Syndrome, mostly out of curiosity to see if my care is being tailored to the recommended guidelines and if my "numbers" are where they should be. I am right in line with all the guidelines and recommended levels.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #215
Certified Cake Maniac

Yesterday was up and down with good news that all my stomach biopsies came out clear but realization that the only way I can feel better with my throat problems is to be on prednisone which does crappy things to my moods.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #216
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You would think that working would add to your CE, but it doesn't. Montana just started requiring CE's for nurses last year. We have to get 24 hours in two years. It used to be our Inservices counted as CE, but now they don't. We have to take formal courses that cost money. They also have to encompass a wide range of topics...I refuse to take Pediatric CE courses, I don't work with kids and I never will. I was lucky to find an accredited company that offers a wide range of Geriatric CE's. I have signed up for three courses, Aging & Long term Care, Osteoporosis and Alzheimer's.

The three hours I got yesterday were on Acute Coronary Syndrome, mostly out of curiosity to see if my care is being tailored to the recommended guidelines and if my "numbers" are where they should be. I am right in line with all the guidelines and recommended levels.
CE requirements here are pretty strict. Even for the CNA's. Considering how low their pay is, I don't see how they can afford to be taking CE courses. In this state, if you hold a license for a service that serves the public, you have to take CE courses. Including plumbers, electricians, etc.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #217
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Yesterday was up and down with good news that all my stomach biopsies came out clear but realization that the only way I can feel better with my throat problems is to be on prednisone which does crappy things to my moods.

Kinda like PMS...feel for ya! But if that helps your swallowing problem...hard to turn that down! {{{{{LP}}}}}
Old 03-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #218
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I worked my buns off and still managed to not get done what I should have, luckily my co-worker who I've been covering for will be back next week so I can get back to my job, and when I got home...a donation for my Relay For Life was arriving from friends and my parents have started me off with a generous donation, it puts me at the top already and we just got started.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #219
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Over, and for that I am thankful.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #220
Chef Extraordinaire

Busy & full & glad it's behind me. Happy Friday!