Your Day in a Sentence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great job pf!
You are a real inspiration.

Lazy day for me. The dentist does not work on saturday. I called & he refilled my script. for pain killers. I am pretty sure I have some kind of infection. Found some biaxin in the cuboard so I have been taking that too. Knocked me out for most of the day, feeling somewhat better. Still have the pain in my head & real scratchey throat.

I'm impressed PF - way to go.

My day: worked on tax returns; made phone calls; sent emails with questions; gave people completed tax returns; and then went to the Danish Club 90th anniversary dinner party and had a great time and got tiddly and now I'm pooped.

My well cared for & parked way out in bottom of the lot car was dented by a shopping cart from a negligent shopper at my Ingles grocery store today. Not a scratch on my car until today. It's just a car - that I work very diligently to keep neat & clean & safe. It's just disappointing that people can be so careless & Negligent. Then I have to pay for their negligence.

FluffyAngel said:
My well cared for & parked way out in bottom of the lot car was dented by a shopping cart from a negligent shopper at my Ingles grocery store today. Not a scratch on my car until today. It's just a car - that I work very diligently to keep neat & clean & safe. It's just disappointing that people can be so careless & Negligent. Then I have to pay for their negligence.

Sorry. Needed to vent.

FluffyAngel said:
Sorry. Needed to vent.

No sorry at all! That truly sucks, FA!

We usually try to hit up the local greenhouse prior to Mothers Day, and it was cold, miserable, raining, and DH complained incessantly, but I got my pick of toms, peppers, and annuals, so I'm happy, though my wallet is MUCH lighter!

Last edited:
Took an emotional nose-dive and realized that I need to let go of some things (snotty bank employees) and cling to others (like my DC family).

How do you give yourself pneumonia, Princess?

Choke on food or fluids and inhale some. It's official name is Aspiration Pneumonia, this is the type that most elderly get...of course I am a bit before my time with this. One of these days I'll learn how to eat.:rolleyes:

I do that too, PF, if I eat too quickly. It helps to slow down A LOT, as if the Queen (or insert your preferred Dignitary) were watching me eat.
It also helps if I watch how my breath is moving as I eat...i.e. never inhale as I swallow.

Good luck and take care (and slow down!)

Last edited:
I do that too, PF, if I eat too quickly. It helps to slow down A LOT, as if the Queen (or insert your preferred Dignitary) were watching me eat.
It also helps if I watch how my breath is moving as I eat...i.e. never inhale as I swallow.

Good luck and take care (and slow down!)

Actually, it's trying to eat with dentures...not easy to get used to, you can't really feel the food in your mouth and it gets away from you. I'm about decided I can only eat very soft food or very crispy...no steak:ohmy::ermm:

Oh dear, are dentures new to you? I don't have any, but sympathize.

and I do apologize if my "slow down" sounded like a bossy command; I should have asked it as a question, like: "can you slow down?"

but I also just remembered how my DH chides me if I talk and eat at the same time. He prefers to eat in silence, and has noticed that I take in a lot of air talking while eating. So I'm trying that now too.....not easy, but it sure does eliminate the coughing or choking, and the mood at mealtimes is calmer! Wish I'd grown up in a quieter home.

Were you serious about the pneumonia? Is it possible to get pneumonia from choking or coughing too much? I thought it needed a virus, or special bacteria....

Actually, it's trying to eat with dentures...not easy to get used to, you can't really feel the food in your mouth and it gets away from you. I'm about decided I can only eat very soft food or very crispy...no steak:ohmy::ermm:

I never eat with my dentures unless I am in a restautant. Then I only order soft foods that don't require a lot of chewing. At home I can eat steaks without them. :yum:

simonbaker said:
I could'nt agree more. Getting through to him feels impossible.

Is there a friend or relative that could help look at grief counseling, Simonbaker? Sometimes the spouse is too close, and receives the brunt, even though he doesn't mean it towards you. He's angry and depressed, not your fault.

Last edited:
I could'nt agree more. Getting through to him feels impossible.

Maybe a friend from church could talk to him, sometimes it takes someone on the fringe to help out and get the grieving person to open up. Sounds to me like your DH is about ready to implode from his grief and he doesn't know how to safely release it. Grief is so very subjective and the person feeling it does not see what is happening around them. See if a friend can help you with this, have him out for coffee or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom