Your Day in a Sentence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe a friend from church could talk to him, sometimes it takes someone on the fringe to help out and get the grieving person to open up. Sounds to me like your DH is about ready to implode from his grief and he doesn't know how to safely release it. Grief is so very subjective and the person feeling it does not see what is happening around them. See if a friend can help you with this, have him out for coffee or whatever.
What the Princess and everyone else is saying, simonbaker, it totally true. As I said in an earlier post, I am going through the same thing. Today is 2 months since Dad passed away and the grief just hit me yesterday like a ton of bricks. I received some literature from the hospice society (he was transferred to hospice 8 hours before he passed away) but just kept putting it on the bottom of the pile. Yesterday after posting here I got the courage to call and the lady I spoke to said I would really benefit from grief counseling. I don't know about in the US, but here your loved one doesn't have to have died in hospice to get counseling. It is something to look into.

I will keep you and your hubby in my prayers. I know with me I can't put a time limit on this....I looked after Dad for the last three years and am now having to adjust not only to his not being here, but to do with my time.

Men tend to push things in more than women, but I still can relate - please give him all the time he needs, but also encourage him to seek help as I am going to do and not put all the weight on your shoulders.

Maybe we can PM if you would like. Sometimes there is strength in numbers

Very much tiring, so intense heat and humid weather. DH is suffering from heat stroke and I also getting cramps in my limbs.

So sorry you're suffering this. I missed the thread about what your DH is grieving about.
It took me a full year to get over my 84-yr old mother's death. I had a lot of support, and still it hurt like heck. My spiritual beliefs and community helped the most.

Right now my day sucks big time. I was all ready at 9 o'clock ready for pick up to Winthrop. It is 9:55 now and they just show up. Pick up time was supposed to be 9:20 for a 9:30 appointment. I am so p.o.'d. Transportation makes their own rules. If they think I was non-compliant before, wait til they see what I can do to transportation. I will be holding them right to the schedule or I don't go. Four years of this foolishness is enough.

Right now my day sucks big time. I was all ready at 9 o'clock ready for pick up to Winthrop. It is 9:55 now and they just show up. Pick up time was supposed to be 9:20 for a 9:30 appointment. I am so p.o.'d. Transportation makes their own rules. If they think I was non-compliant before, wait til they see what I can do to transportation. I will be holding them right to the schedule or I don't go. Four years of this foolishness is enough.

Go get 'em Addie! That is so wrong and unprofessional. Hopefully you don't have to pay for a missed appointment, if so I would take it out of transport.

My day has been a tough one. My sinus and gum infections are taking a toll on me and I have to go tomorrow to get a test on my replaced knee to make sure there is no infection there too as it is also very painful. :ermm:

Addie, I am not sure what type of transportation but I am guessing it is similar to what my husband does. He drives accessibility buses called "HandyDART". Right now he is at home on a two-hour layover because they have nothing for him. Earlier they had him so over booked he had to drop a couple of clients and hope another driver could take them over because he wouldn't get it all done. I am a client and for me to get a ride for my pool exercises, I have to be ready at 5:10 am and they can pick me up within 15 minutes either direction of that! My swimming starts at 6 am and it is a 15 minute drive! We both get very frustrated so I understand and feel for you.

I'm sorry for anyone who had a less than palatable day. I sincerely hope tomorrow is the start of a fantastic weekend for everyone.
I will be working 40 hours Friday through Monday, & I'm just hoping to make it to Tuesday without Injury. My today was fantastic! Started out with a great old fashioned country breakfast then spent it swimming all at my best friend's house. Grateful for amazing & loving friends.

Go get 'em Addie! That is so wrong and unprofessional. Hopefully you don't have to pay for a missed appointment, if so I would take it out of transport.

No money out of my pocket. But it sure is a lot of aggravation. I can file a formal grievance which they do take seriously. They have to file every grievance with Medicare. I would rather handle it in my own way. Be on time, or I don't go. A few of them and they sit up and take notice. :)

personally, i would (and do) schedule appointments with plenty of lee time, even if i am driving myself. i would rather wait for a while at my destination than sweat my transportation to show up on time, or have some other unforeseen delay in my plans.

There is only a ten minute travel time for any one of the two places my appointments are. The problem is the dispatcher for my Winthrop appointments. He is used to having me picked up at ten a.m. When you give him an earlier pickup time, he makes the mistakes of "thinking." Also, he doesn't listen when you call in for a pickup. I hate to be the cause of anyone losing their job. But that is what it is going to come to. I prefer early morning appointments. A lot of times, they are still trying to clean up on the morning appointments after lunch. There is always one patient that puts them behind.

There is only a ten minute travel time for any one of the two places my appointments are. The problem is the dispatcher for my Winthrop appointments. He is used to having me picked up at ten a.m. When you give him an earlier pickup time, he makes the mistakes of "thinking." Also, he doesn't listen when you call in for a pickup. I hate to be the cause of anyone losing their job. But that is what it is going to come to. I prefer early morning appointments. A lot of times, they are still trying to clean up on the morning appointments after lunch. There is always one patient that puts them behind.
Addie, as I said below, my DH is a driver. Yes, patients put them behind but it is usually the fault of the scheduler, NOT the patient. He has a couple of clients who are regularly late so he has the station give them a 10 minute reminder call (my Dad used to get them and they are great - you know exactly when your ride will arrive - it is an automated recording). Also, the drivers can see their morning schedule on the screen. If the scheduler has under/over booked them it is up the the driver to have it fixed - there are other drivers who can pick up the slack. It isn't a perfect system by any means. And they do rely on customers to call in with complaints to help get it into gear.

You won't necessarily get the driver in trouble, but complain and maybe the underlying problem will be solved. Of course this is presuming your transportation works the same way.

The systme is pretty much the same. The problem is with the dispatcher that sets up the schedule each day for the drivers. He is so used to my normal pickup time at ten a.m., that when I have an early morning appointment, he thinks it is a mistake and changes it without confirming it. It must be ten o'clock. The two girls in the office who call in the pickup are great. Very rarely do they make a mistake. Maybe twice a year. And they have a very hard job. Keeping track of the comings and goings of a couple of hundred patients on a daily basis. It is the dispatcher, not the drivers who is at fault.

My appointment has been rescheduled again for next Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. Pickup time again is at 9 a.m. If he changes it again, I will file a formal grievance. Or "formal concern" as they now call it.

As most of the drivers are Latinos, so is the dispatcher. I can understand that. But the schedule is written in English and the dispatcher is the one who writes it up on the computer and hands them out for each driver. All information for pickup and drop offs comes from the two girls in Winthrop. Each driver is given a list of all their pickups and the time. Each list is different. The system works as long as the dispatcher doesn't try to think and make decisions that are wrong. The driver that will be picking me up also will be making pickups in East Boston and Winthrop on the way to the day care center in Winthrop. But when I have an early pickup time, that throws his schedule off and the driver has to make a special trip for just me. That is when the dispatcher changes the schedule to what he is used to. He doesn't like changes. :mad:

One more footnote.

I am ALWAYS ready early. I am sitting dowstairs, outside weather permitting waiting at least ten to fifteen minutes ahead of the pickup time. I hate to keep people waiting. :angel:

My day has been a tough one. My sinus and gum infections are taking a toll on me and I have to go tomorrow to get a test on my replaced knee to make sure there is no infection there too as it is also very painful. :ermm:
(((hugs))) I really hope you have a better day and get all that sh stuff taken care of soon.

It's been crappy weather all week. Rainy, damp and cold. I don't have a clue what's for dinner. I had planned one or two grill/smoker meals this week and haven't been able to do either.

Maybe I can sell take-out to my honey.

It's been crappy weather all week. Rainy, damp and cold. I don't have a clue what's for dinner. I had planned one or two grill/smoker meals this week and haven't been able to do either.

Maybe I can sell take-out to my honey.

I have some errands to run and can't take the scooter out in the rain. But we are supposed to see sun this weekend. :ermm:

One more footnote.

I am ALWAYS ready early. I am sitting dowstairs, outside weather permitting waiting at least ten to fifteen minutes ahead of the pickup time. I hate to keep people waiting. :angel:
I wouldn't expect anything else from you Addie :) and I mean it in the best of ways! My Dad was ALWAYS ready by 8:45 even though his ride wouldn't come until between 9:00 and 9:15. He got the reminder call but it was so HE knew when they were coming....even though he was sitting in his wheelchair facing the door for half an hour! :LOL:

My mother was an Adams. As in John, Sam and that rabble rousing bunch of treasonous folks. All my life I heard; "An Adams would never...." An Adams would always ...." And one of the 'always' was being on time. There is no such thing as being fashionably late. She considered keeping people waiting for you as the height of rudeness.

I drive my daughter crazy. When she is going to drive me somewhere, I am waiting at least a half hour before she has even started to get ready. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My Dad's philosophy was "early" meant 1/2 hour early "on time" meant 15 minutes early and "late" was being there when the appointment was for. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom