"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #251
Certified Pretend Chef

Went shopping at a giant Asian supermarket and came home with a bunch of goodies for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #252
Certified Cake Maniac

Today was not one of my best.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #253
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Today was not one of my best.

They'll get better, I promise.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #254
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
They'll get better, I promise.
I'm going to hold you to that you know.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #255
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Went shopping at a giant Asian supermarket and came home with a bunch of goodies for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.

however are you able to make choices at a giant asian supermarket? don't you come home with way too much or not nearly enough?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #256
Certified Pretend Chef

Laurie:

It's a sick and sad feeling to lose a parent. After all, you have never known life without him until now. That feeling doesn't go away quickly. But it does go.

Your memories of your dad won't go away ever. Your dad will live on in you and your siblings because you are who you are in part because of him.

When I lost my mom, it was difficult for quite a while. Sometimes in a quiet moment months later, my eyes would fill with tears and my throat would close up with sadness a a stray thought popped into my head and triggered a memory. I came to see the pleasure in remembering her. I still spend time trying to recreate some of her recipes as a way of staying connected to her and my past. I'm pleased my younger daughter has shown an interest and made some things with me.

So hang in there and do what you have to do. There will be a lot going on in your mind and heart for a while. Just go with the flow. Things will take care of themselves.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #257
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
however are you able to make choices at a giant asian supermarket? don't you come home with way too much or not nearly enough?
It can be overwhelming. There are so many new and different things you see nowhere else. This place I go to is bigger than the supermarket I do my mainstream shopping in. It's a Korean market and has a food court, an entire kimchee section. All kinds of meats and animal parts, fish and fish parts.

I went ther to get some stuff to make Tom Yum soup and while I was there I bought a couple of more things as well. I f I had the energy and money, I could really go crazy.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #258
Cook

At work still night shift and it's raining so another very looooooooooong night. Too early to sleep damm!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #259
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orryette View Post
At work still night shift and it's raining so another very looooooooooong night. Too early to sleep damm!
What do you do for work? I spent 11 years on night shift, moved to days about a year and a half ago.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #260
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

What do you do for work? I spent 11 years on night shift, moved to days about a year and a half ago.
I work in the mines driving those huge trucks I work 7 on 7 off alternating nightshift n day shift. Love the roster hate being away from home so much though. Work is 6hr drive from home.

What do you do?