Your Day in a Sentence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First day of teacher meetings at school #1. Two thirds of day spent with police training for armed intruder responses. They told us to get out if we can, barricade the door if we can't escape & attack if intruder enters room. My group had to escape to a behind a building up the hill from school. My body is not up to that so I'm sore. Then I had to pack a bunch of stuff into my van & move it into my room in school #2. Tired!

I am curious about how they told you to attack the intruder with students in the room. Did they suggest that all the students participate? Are the windows in the room low enough for the kids to go out of? With all the nuts out there in the world, I can understand the need for such training. :)

Why oh why do I punish myself? I insist that just about anything I buy has to be 100% cotton. I have a 90 inch table cloth and topper that is all cotton. I washed them and when they were dry, I just tossed them in a pile. Of course they got all wrinkled. So now I am standing at the ironing board and I have to keep stopping because I can't stand too long. It is going to take me at least one hour to iron this stupid tablecloth because I just tossed it in a pile to get all wrinkled. I hate taking my pain pills. They leave my mouth so dry. I will just muddle through. Get up and iron, sit down, let pain subside, iron some more, etc. I will get my nice stool that I can sit on and iron while sitting down. It even has little steps for my short little legs. :)

Why oh why do I punish myself? I insist that just about anything I buy has to be 100% cotton. I have a 90 inch table cloth and topper that is all cotton. I washed them and when they were dry, I just tossed them in a pile. Of course they got all wrinkled. So now I am standing at the ironing board and I have to keep stopping because I can't stand too long. It is going to take me at least one hour to iron this stupid tablecloth because I just tossed it in a pile to get all wrinkled. I hate taking my pain pills. They leave my mouth so dry. I will just muddle through. Get up and iron, sit down, let pain subside, iron some more, etc. I will get my nice stool that I can sit on and iron while sitting down. It even has little steps for my short little legs. :)
They make beautiful polyester tablecloths. It's just about the only thing I will buy in polyester. Doesn't stain as easily as natural fibre and comes out of the dryer looking good.

That's what the stool is for...:wacko::LOL:

They make beautiful polyester tablecloths. It's just about the only thing I will buy in polyester. Doesn't stain as easily as natural fibre and comes out of the dryer looking good.

And they are less expensive. 100% cotton anything is always costing more. :wacko:

How long has it been since you have slept Addie?

I had an hour nap this afternoon. Or Monday afternoon. I am not very active due to my hip and spine problems. So I don't require much sleep. And sinice I live alone, I can sleep whenever I want to. I don't have to go by any schedule. On days when I go shopping or have some other activity outside my home, I find that I do get tired around midnight and will fall asleep for the whole night. :)

It sounds like you spent a lot of time awake then Addie

Do you watch much TV?

The TV is always on, but a lot of the time I have the sound muted. Right now while I am on the computer, I have it muted and am listening to a Welsh folk song that I have loved since childhood. All Through The Night. I have a CD that my son helped me with. It plays for about 1.5 hours of the same song over and over. Harry was kind enough to guide me to the site. And I can't thank him enough. I had this song played at my daughter's wake when she died.

We have not gotton out of our p.j's all day. It feels good to just stay home & relax. It seems there is always something to do. It is so nice to have a down day. Our 13 year old is bored of course.

We have not gotton out of our p.j's all day. It feels good to just stay home & relax. It seems there is always something to do. It is so nice to have a down day. Our 13 year old is bored of course.

That is the kind of day when a board game comes in handy. Scrabble, Yatzee, Monopoly. It gives the family a chance to have some quality time together. And a lot of fun.

Not the one called "Bolt" LOL! He was so fat his belly dragged on the ground. The winner of the "Little Smokies"(under 3 years) was a cutie named Bean. The winner of the "Frankfurters" was Dudley, a long-haired gent and a sweetheart. He thought I was a good place to hide from the sun. The winner of the "Bratwursts" a cuddler named Lulu.

There was a Great Pyrenees, looking for adoption, who kept finding me and would just lean on me. The handler said I would have to take her home...I reluctantly said No...

150 adoptees (feline and canine) at the beginning of the event, five hours later only 20 were left.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Not the one called "Bolt" LOL! He was so fat his belly dragged on the ground. The winner of the "Little Smokies"(under 3 years) was a cutie named Bean. The winner of the "Frankfurters" was Dudley, a long-haired gent and a sweetheart. He thought I was a good place to hide from the sun. The winner of the "Bratwursts" a cuddler named Lulu.

There was a Great Pyrenees, looking for adoption, who kept finding me and would just lean on me. The handler said I would have to take her home...I reluctantly said No...

150 adoptees (feline and canine) at the beginning of the event, five hours later only 20 were left.

Oh, good news! Hope the remaining furbabies can find a home. What a wonderful cause!

Back
Top Bottom