"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #421
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I wish you warmth, speed and good health! Have a great time my dear friend!
Maybe I should be eating chili with beans tonight... Might give me an edge!

Thanks, LP! Appreciated!

Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #422
Chef Extraordinaire

Still dealing with the pain from my extracted tooth last monday. It seems to hurt worse now than when it was still in.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #423
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Still dealing with the pain from my extracted tooth last monday. It seems to hurt worse now than when it was still in.
Are you sure you don't have a dry socket? That is very painful. Maybe time to hit the ER, before infection sets in.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #424
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker
Oh geez, SB. That doesn't sound good. I agree with PF.

Hope you feel better soon!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #425
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Are you sure you don't have a dry socket? That is very painful. Maybe time to hit the ER, before infection sets in.
My thoughts exactly. When I know someone is going to get a molar extracted, I warn them about keeping their tongue out of the empty socket. In fact I over damatize the consequences and pain if they don't. Having a scab in your mouth sounds nasty. But the pain of tonguing that scab loose, is even nastier and more painful than having the molar pull without pain medication.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #426
Sous Chef

Thinking I don't want to deal with my tooth due to many horror stories. Yay for bronchitis and temporary relief of tooth pain from antibiotics.

and Simonbaker, I'm sorry it hurts :(
Old 04-28-2012, 12:03 AM   #427
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
Thinking I don't want to deal with my tooth due to many horror stories. Yay for bronchitis and temporary relief of tooth pain from antibiotics.

and Simonbaker, I'm sorry it hurts :(
Eeks! Another tooth! Best thing you can do is have it looked at. Neglecting can lead to serious problems, including a brain infection. Just do it, Merlot!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #428
Certified Cake Maniac

Simonbaker, I am another one thinking it is dry socket. I had it with my wisdom teeth and it was no picnic. Had it again when I had to have the "remains" of a tooth taken out of my gums after the crown snapped off twice. Please have it checked out soon.

I am also needing to go to the dentist - chipped a filling about a week ago and have been plagued with an abscess on my gum for months now (probably tied into my sinus/throat thing). It is a good thing (or not) that my ability to withstand chronic pain makes me not feel these things but they still need to be dealt with.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:51 AM   #429
Chef Extraordinaire

And I thought I was the stubborn one. At least I know when to give in and have something with potential danger taken care of ASAP!!!

PF, do you want to be the one to tell these nice people what the dangers of letting problems with your teeth go, are? Such as being the cause of infections leading to the brain faster than you can say your name bringing on instant death; bringing on a heart attack; causing the infection from just one tooth to spread throughout your whole mouth and you end up losing all your teeth instead of just one; loss of vision; loss of hearing; shall I go on? And I am not exaggerating. Anything to add PF?

My sister got a rude education when she lost the central vision in one eye. And all because she wouldn't go to the dentist to have one molar filled. The infection in her tooth went into her eye. She could see you if you stood well off to the side, but not if you were standing in front of her. Made reading very difficult.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #430
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks for the tip & concern everyone, plans to call the dentist.