"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #431
Certified Cake Maniac

Thanks, Addie for the tough love. I actually do know the risks. My problem is right now there are so many things going on in my life (grief, pain class, fitness, house stuff, Dad's estate hassles, etc. I am finding it hard to deal with anything. I wish I DID feel the pain of the teeth problems, then I would be more inclined to do something about it. But I have the next week off and am planning (or have already booked) dentist, doctor, orthopedist, eye doctor, etc. appointments.

Oh, and just so it doesn't sound like the whole week is about doctors, I also have hair and spa appointments to pamper myself!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #432
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

I was hanging out at the nurses station one day, waiting to check the medication records, when one of our new (very confused) patients came up to the desk. She was foaming at the mouth and I was alarmed. She said, "It's kinda tangy!" Turns out she was chewing her denture tablets...we took the box out of her room. I am not laughing, I am NOT laughing...
My mom has brushed her teeth, not once, but TWICE with preperation H..... She isn't old enough to be senile, quite yet! She said that it isn't easy to rinse out.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #433
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
And I thought I was the stubborn one. At least I know when to give in and have something with potential danger taken care of ASAP!!!

PF, do you want to be the one to tell these nice people what the dangers of letting problems with your teeth go, are? Such as being the cause of infections leading to the brain faster than you can say your name bringing on instant death; bringing on a heart attack; causing the infection from just one tooth to spread throughout your whole mouth and you end up losing all your teeth instead of just one; loss of vision; loss of hearing; shall I go on? And I am not exaggerating. Anything to add PF?

My sister got a rude education when she lost the central vision in one eye. And all because she wouldn't go to the dentist to have one molar filled. The infection in her tooth went into her eye. She could see you if you stood well off to the side, but not if you were standing in front of her. Made reading very difficult.
Addie is absolutely correct. It's no fun losing all your teeth, but the potential for infected teeth causing multiple other problems throughout your body is enormous. Take care of your teeth!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:18 PM   #434
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Wild, wet, cold, tired and exhilarating, my walk went well, I don't know my standing yet in the throng, but I did come in in the middle somewhere. I still don't know if they were able to get an official picture of me, as I was in a mass of about 40 people who pretty much stayed the same for the whole run.

Now, I can move up to running...
Old 04-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #435
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Wild, wet, cold, tired and exhilarating, my walk went well, I don't know my standing yet in the throng, but I did come in in the middle somewhere. I still don't know if they were able to get an official picture of me, as I was in a mass of about 40 people who pretty much stayed the same for the whole run.

Congrats Princess!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #436
Executive Chef

Quote:

Congrats!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #437
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:

Bravo, PF! Congrats!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #438
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thanks All!

There were about 2500 runners/walkers for the 10K. No pics of me, drat! It's okay, I looked like a drowned rat anyway, I'll have Shrek get a pic of me in my run shirt and number later. Ended up getting in a hot shower for about 45 minutes. For once I couldn't get warm.

The 5K runners started popping up around 7K, they blew past us like we were standing still.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #439
Senior Cook

That's awesome Princess! Our facility has been raising money for relay for life also. Fun fun. We sold all kinds of weird things from old vinyl albums warped into bowls to bird houses, hot dog plates, car washes, pocketbooks...you name it - we sold it! Even the residents got into it.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #440
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyAngel View Post
That's awesome Princess! Our facility has been raising money for relay for life also. Fun fun. We sold all kinds of weird things from old vinyl albums warped into bowls to bird houses, hot dog plates, car washes, pocketbooks...you name it - we sold it! Even the residents got into it.
Thanks!

This run was for the YMCA.

Our fundraising for Relay is still going on with Raffle Baskets, our garage sale, we will be having a plant sale soon and then private donations from our sponsors for how many hours we walk during Relay. My Dad is sponsoring me for $50 an hour.