"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #561
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Grandson is graduating from pre-school. Ceremony tonight @6:00.

I had to wait until high school for a graduation.
I know what you mean Andy. With 17 gkids, I am constantly getting notices that so and so is "graduating" to the next grade and there will be a party. I refuse to attend any of them until they graduate from the 12th grade and then college. Going on to the next grade is what they are supposed to do. I refuse to give them a present or attend a party for them. Making the honor roll for the whole year is something to celebrate. Unfortunately for me, we have a number of kids that do that every year. I would be broke if I gave a present to every one of them.

What ever happened to giving a watch for graduation?

Old 06-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #562
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
...What ever happened to giving a watch for graduation?
I'd like to know what happened to the watch I was supposed to get for graduation!

Old 06-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #563
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I'd like to know what happened to the watch I was supposed to get for graduation!
Your diploma was supposed to allow you to find a job so you could buy your own watch.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #564
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Your diploma was supposed to allow you to find a job so you could buy your own watch.

Yup. That happened. Actually I've bought several over the years. I'm currently wearing a Seiko I bought over 30 years ago.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #565
Chef Extraordinaire

About to head out to the shops and buy some things for our lemon curd tart
Old 06-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #566
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
No new info on why you are passing out?
no, he said they took all the tests in the e.r. that he would have ordered. MRI, etc. everything was fine. there is one more test that will tell if you are having seizures. i want to think about it. he said slim to none chance that i am. i trust him. sitting or lying to long and then jumping is a common cause. as i left he said, don't break anything important. now i happen to think that is funny, not flip. bottom line, they really don't have a clue.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #567
Chef Extraordinaire

i did some wash and knitted a lot as it was very hot good to just sit in front of fan.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #568
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
no, he said they took all the tests in the e.r. that he would have ordered. MRI, etc. everything was fine. there is one more test that will tell if you are having seizures. i want to think about it. he said slim to none chance that i am. i trust him. sitting or lying to long and then jumping is a common cause. as i left he said, don't break anything important. now i happen to think that is funny, not flip. bottom line, they really don't have a clue.
In other words...Orthostatic Hypotension...your blood pressure drops when you stand quickly. Love you Babe, take it easy! And yes, no breaking anything and stay hydrated in the heat!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:39 AM   #569
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
In other words...Orthostatic Hypotension...your blood pressure drops when you stand quickly. Love you Babe, take it easy! And yes, no breaking anything and stay hydrated in the heat!
You know PF, I went on Ranexa, a fairly new drug for angina. Everytime I laid down, I would get so dizzy, that I would almost pass out. I hesitated to mention it to my doctor for fear he would think I was going mad. So he looked it up. It is one of the side effects of the drug. Instead of getting dizzy when I stand, it was just the opposite. But I still take my time standing up. So I am danged if I do and danged if I don't. I get dizzy no matter what I do. Let's face it. I am just an old dizzy broad.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #570
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
You know PF, I went on Ranexa, a fairly new drug for angina. Everytime I laid down, I would get so dizzy, that I would almost pass out. I hesitated to mention it to my doctor for fear he would think I was going mad. So he looked it up. It is one of the side effects of the drug. Instead of getting dizzy when I stand, it was just the opposite. But I still take my time standing up. So I am danged if I do and danged if I don't. I get dizzy no matter what I do. Let's face it. I am just an old dizzy broad.
That one lead me on a merry chase! I looked up Ranexa and got sidetracked into looking at statins for lowering cholesterol.

Any medication changes should be a first clue when having odd effects and should always be mentioned to your doctor...(if they think you are crazy you get a new med) Seriously, some side effects can start out as merely bothersome but become serious if ignored.

And I think all of us become dizzy old broads...