"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #621
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindercat View Post
First day of teacher meetings at school #1. Two thirds of day spent with police training for armed intruder responses. They told us to get out if we can, barricade the door if we can't escape & attack if intruder enters room. My group had to escape to a behind a building up the hill from school. My body is not up to that so I'm sore. Then I had to pack a bunch of stuff into my van & move it into my room in school #2. Tired!
I am curious about how they told you to attack the intruder with students in the room. Did they suggest that all the students participate? Are the windows in the room low enough for the kids to go out of? With all the nuts out there in the world, I can understand the need for such training.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #622
Certified Cake Maniac

Today was both tiring and rewarding all rolled up in one.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:53 PM   #623
Chef Extraordinaire

Why oh why do I punish myself? I insist that just about anything I buy has to be 100% cotton. I have a 90 inch table cloth and topper that is all cotton. I washed them and when they were dry, I just tossed them in a pile. Of course they got all wrinkled. So now I am standing at the ironing board and I have to keep stopping because I can't stand too long. It is going to take me at least one hour to iron this stupid tablecloth because I just tossed it in a pile to get all wrinkled. I hate taking my pain pills. They leave my mouth so dry. I will just muddle through. Get up and iron, sit down, let pain subside, iron some more, etc. I will get my nice stool that I can sit on and iron while sitting down. It even has little steps for my short little legs.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #624
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Why oh why do I punish myself? I insist that just about anything I buy has to be 100% cotton. I have a 90 inch table cloth and topper that is all cotton. I washed them and when they were dry, I just tossed them in a pile. Of course they got all wrinkled. So now I am standing at the ironing board and I have to keep stopping because I can't stand too long. It is going to take me at least one hour to iron this stupid tablecloth because I just tossed it in a pile to get all wrinkled. I hate taking my pain pills. They leave my mouth so dry. I will just muddle through. Get up and iron, sit down, let pain subside, iron some more, etc. I will get my nice stool that I can sit on and iron while sitting down. It even has little steps for my short little legs.
They make beautiful polyester tablecloths. It's just about the only thing I will buy in polyester. Doesn't stain as easily as natural fibre and comes out of the dryer looking good.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #625
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
That's what the stool is for...
Old 08-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #626
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That's what the stool is for...
Indeed it is. There are moments when I am muddling through and then I remember the stool. It has saved me from so much pain standing. Thank you. Sometimes I think I just enjoying punishing myself.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #627
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
They make beautiful polyester tablecloths. It's just about the only thing I will buy in polyester. Doesn't stain as easily as natural fibre and comes out of the dryer looking good.
And they are less expensive. 100% cotton anything is always costing more.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:04 AM   #628
Chef Extraordinaire

Very eventful and I learnt a few things too
Old 08-14-2012, 04:42 AM   #629
Chef Extraordinaire

I am not sure which day. Monday just runs into Tuesday since I haven't gone to bed yet.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:45 AM   #630
Chef Extraordinaire

How long has it been since you have slept Addie?