Your Day in a Sentence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing much got done today other than a load of laundry, cooking supper, eating, watching "The Mist," and watching a little TV. :glare:

Was glad that my Dad is resting more comfortably today and got some time with my hubby watching "Unforgettable". :)

Just got home from work, another pretty slow day. aaaaaaaglad to have a few caterinngs going out the back door. Looking at doing some direct mailing to help promote the business.

Just got home from work, another pretty slow day. aaaaaaaglad to have a few caterinngs going out the back door. Looking at doing some direct mailing to help promote the business.

A PR friend once told me, if you are working on a shoestring and want to scare up business, go through the yellow pages and send notices to full page ads. They are the ones with the big bucks. Also if you can find out the name of the secretary, all the better. She is the one who will ordeer the catering.

Feeling flu-ey, worked on machine-embroidering my quilt ALL DAY (between naps, watching TV news, reading). Flu makes me very sleepy-tired. But not too tired to run a sewing machine, heh.

After a long, hot, relaxing shower I nearly tripped on a toddler hug and found myself smeared with toddler boogers.

Now that is love:wub:

When Son #3 was small, I wa trying to teach him without much success to share. A few days later he made me an offereing I had to refuse. "Here Mommy, I am going to share this with you." He had just picked his nose and was sharing it.

Addie said:
Now that is love:wub:

When Son #3 was small, I wa trying to teach him without much success to share. A few days later he made me an offereing I had to refuse. "Here Mommy, I am going to share this with you." He had just picked his nose and was sharing it.

Lol! Cute. As much as I want to find a place for Rol and I so we can get out of the family's basement and let them get back to normal, I'm going to miss seeing the niece and nephews every day.

Lol! Cute. As much as I want to find a place for Rol and I so we can get out of the family's basement and let them get back to normal, I'm going to miss seeing the niece and nephews every day.

Inside of every unhappy situation, you sometimes have to hunt for the good. Neices and nephews are your good side. And when you and Rol are in a place of your own, that will be the good side. The unhappy side will be missing the neices and nephews. It is a trade-off. If I see rockets of red glare in the night's air, I will know you have found a job and are in the planning stage of moving out. Hang in there! It will happen soon. Of that I am sure. :chef:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Out for a stroll in the snow, hit a patch of black ice, landing on one knee...Ouch!

Oh no! Hope you're OK.

Funny how the tiniest bit of ice can do such damage. I broke an ankle a few years ago just getting the mail, on a 5 inch patch of ice.

PrincessFiona60 said:
Out for a stroll in the snow, hit a patch of black ice, landing on one knee...Ouch!

Ouch. I feel for you. I've done that way too many times. I'm surprised I've never broken my knee cap. You're a nurse so you know how to take care of an injury. Make sure you do and I hope you're not seriously hurt.

Ouch. I feel for you. I've done that way too many times. I'm surprised I've never broken my knee cap. You're a nurse so you know how to take care of an injury. Make sure you do and I hope you're not seriously hurt.

Just be glad you haven't broken your kneecap. I've broken the same one twice. When you can't bend your knee (when it's in a brace) you can't sit properly. You can't drive your car. It's a real PITA. First time was on ice, second time was in the dark on some patio tiles left on the sidewalk. BTW, if you ever suspect a broken kneecap, do your best not to walk on it and if you do have to, do it without bending the knee.

I usually land on my butt, all 4 paws in the air.

After a long, hot, relaxing shower I nearly tripped on a toddler hug and found myself smeared with toddler boogers.

Thank you for this as I really need cheering up today and you are the third one to do so, so it has been a very good day (plus my Dad was quite peaceful while I visited).

Back
Top Bottom