Your Day in a Sentence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Enjoying a breakfast of onion bagel with cream cheese and lox along with a cup or two of Dunkin Donuts dark roast.

Nothing like a giant screen to watch the Red Sox! Enjoy!
I totally agree, as long as they are not playing the Blue Jays (they can whoop the fannies off of the Jays most of the time so I have to cheer for the Canadian underdog ;)).

Last edited:
I am looking forward to a day of puttering around, getting my house back in order while still being mindful of my grieving.

You probably thought of this already...do his homecare workers know?

{{{{{LP}}}}}
I phoned the office yesterday and our coordinator was going to let them know; however one has another client in the complex and is usually coming or going when DH is walking the dogs so he broke the news. She was his main worker (5 days a week) and took it very hard. She was so good with him.

I phoned the office yesterday and our coordinator was going to let them know; however one has another client in the complex and is usually coming or going when DH is walking the dogs so he broke the news. She was his main worker (5 days a week) and took it very hard. She was so good with him.

Sometimes it is a shock to discover a favorite has passed, I only find out by reading the obits. I'm not blaming anybody, the family has enough on their plate to worry about. But, I do find it a comfort to know.

Just finished supper. DH was going to be so nice & cook tonight. It was awful! Undercooked & fatty paper thin ribeyes with a baked potato. Argg! He's complaining no one ate much but it was everything we could do to choke down what we did eat. Not sure I should say something or just avoid this fight tonight.

simonbaker said:
Just finished supper. DH was going to be so nice & cook tonight. It was awful! Undercooked & fatty paper thin ribeyes with a baked potato. Argg! He's complaining no one ate much but it was everything we could do to choke down what we did eat. Not sure I should say something or just avoid this fight tonight.

Oh, sweetie. At least he tried. DH gets underfoot, I task him with cheese grating and garlic chopping. Then he tells me that I'm in HIS way. I smile sweetly and continue browning/cooking/ saucing. The knives are all on MY side of the kitchen. ;)

Last edited:
I had a very quiet day, sleeping in the morning and watching TV in the afternoon then falling over the dog toy basket in the evening (it's okay, the only thing broken was the basket and it came from the dollar store!).

Back
Top Bottom