Your Day in a Sentence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So sad for you, SB. That's so hard.

Another wonderful day in Paradise, dreading the return and thinking, "Do I really have to go back to work?"
Thank you. I know what you mean. Life goes on,,, it just seems to take more effort.

Exhausting. Still trying to get back in the swing of things after 3 funerals.
I understand - for me it was hard enough with one; though I just learned that a dear friend passed away yesterday at the young age of 94 and I will certainly go to hers as well. My prayers are with you.

Running, running, running, lunch and back to running, running, then home, put pork in the crockpot, sitting on my butt, playing on the computer, watching TV and I'm ready for bed.

Stress knots on tops of shoulders, & literal pain in neck and back is making me look forward to my chiropractor appointment. And I was off today!

Our new shed was delivered and installed, which was cool, but the weather got too hot for me, which was definitely not cool. :wacko:

Nightshift - Grr. Woke up to a hot room, no power, No air con = no sleep double Grr!! Now the digger's down so sitting on my ass with nothing to do n wide awake at 1am! What tha!!

Once again, I got none of my work done, but everyone else is caught up, found out this morning I needed to drive my co-worker to to her eye surgery, at least I did not have to pick her up and I stepped on Patron's toes, he forgave me with lots of kisses and then bam! everyone was gone and I still didn't get any of my stuff done.

I understand - for me it was hard enough with one; though I just learned that a dear friend passed away yesterday at the young age of 94 and I will certainly go to hers as well. My prayers are with you.
You are such a kind person. All you have been through with your father says alot about you, reaching out to everyone else.

Went shopping at a giant Asian supermarket and came home with a bunch of goodies for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow.

Laurie:

It's a sick and sad feeling to lose a parent. After all, you have never known life without him until now. That feeling doesn't go away quickly. But it does go.

Your memories of your dad won't go away ever. Your dad will live on in you and your siblings because you are who you are in part because of him.

When I lost my mom, it was difficult for quite a while. Sometimes in a quiet moment months later, my eyes would fill with tears and my throat would close up with sadness a a stray thought popped into my head and triggered a memory. I came to see the pleasure in remembering her. I still spend time trying to recreate some of her recipes as a way of staying connected to her and my past. I'm pleased my younger daughter has shown an interest and made some things with me.

So hang in there and do what you have to do. There will be a lot going on in your mind and heart for a while. Just go with the flow. Things will take care of themselves.

however are you able to make choices at a giant asian supermarket? don't you come home with way too much or not nearly enough?

It can be overwhelming. There are so many new and different things you see nowhere else. This place I go to is bigger than the supermarket I do my mainstream shopping in. It's a Korean market and has a food court, an entire kimchee section. All kinds of meats and animal parts, fish and fish parts.

I went ther to get some stuff to make Tom Yum soup and while I was there I bought a couple of more things as well. I f I had the energy and money, I could really go crazy.

At work still night shift and it's raining so another very looooooooooong night. Too early to sleep damm!

PrincessFiona60 said:
What do you do for work? I spent 11 years on night shift, moved to days about a year and a half ago.

I work in the mines driving those huge trucks I work 7 on 7 off alternating nightshift n day shift. Love the roster hate being away from home so much though. Work is 6hr drive from home.

What do you do?

Back
Top Bottom