Your Day in a Sentence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had a wonderful day starting with my knee swelling going down and my throat/sinus feeling a little better, then I went to the pool and walked 150 meters in water up to about half-way between my elbows and shoulders and then visited with some friends! :)

So good to hear!

Thanks! It is pneumonia, again. Have the antibiotics and am taking it kinda easy!
I think you need to remove that word "kinda" and just take it easy. I did this weekend (didn't have much choice) and am feeling much better for it. Big hugs and love heading your way. :flowers:

Getting over a lousy weekend. This and May are bad months for me every year. This year it has hit me harder than usual. My youngest daughter's birthday. May is the anniversary of her murder.

Now I have an earache. Nothing new, but now I have an infection in it. Eardrops as usual. I was going to wait until it was ripe, but decided against it. What is left of the abcess I will have drained on Thursday.

Getting over a lousy weekend. This and May are bad months for me every year. This year it has hit me harder than usual. My youngest daughter's birthday. May is the anniversary of her murder.

Now I have an earache. Nothing new, but now I have an infection in it. Eardrops as usual. I was going to wait until it was ripe, but decided against it. What is left of the abcess I will have drained on Thursday.
:eek: (((hugs))) Sounds awful. I'm glad you're getting it taken care of.

:eek: (((hugs))) Sounds awful. I'm glad you're getting it taken care of.

I was born with ear problems. So this is nothing new. I am so used to having an earache, that I never notice it until it turns into an abscess. Sometimes I will get ear drops, but most of the time I just let the abscess ripen and it will break on it own. The only problem with that action is when it breaks when I am out in public and there is puss running out of my ear. That is embarrassing. And sickening to a lot of people. Good thing I always carry tissue with me. :)

Got back to the farm around 5:00 p.m. after a day of unpacking and installing flooring--no refugee chicken with the flock in the barn...sigh...maybe tomorrow.

Addie said:

So sad about your daughter, Addie. That's really rough.

Glad you're getting the earache taken care of. Those are miserable.

Hugs, hugs, hugs. Maybe I could send Myrtle to keep you company? She likes to sit on a lap and makes "chicken" purring sounds. She's very comforting. Always so sorry to hear of your daughter's murder and the horrible pain that has left behind for those who loved her.

So sad about your daughter, Addie. That's really rough..

Some years it goes by and it isn't until about a week later that I even think about it. Then there are years like this one when it gets to me. She left five kids. I took the oldest one, the oldest boy went with the father, and the three youngest were all adopted in an open adoption. Even after they were adopted I still babysat them. Every so often one of them will call and need some information about their mother health wise. Did she have....? Her middle daughter is the absolute clone of her. Every time I see her, I see her mother in her at that age. Oddly enough, that doesn't upset me. At holidays when we are sitting around the table, we often share stories about her. Only her youngest doesn't remember her. She was only ten months old at the time.

I am not a person to get depressed. But losing a child does do it to you. Fortunately it doesn't last too long. At least for not more than a week. So if I disappear for a short while next month, you will know why.

Quiet day at work. Went shopping after work. Got a bad migrane headache on the way home. I try not to take those pain pills for my tooth, they make me loopy. I took one when I got home & slept for 2 hours.

Hugs, hugs, hugs. Maybe I could send Myrtle to keep you company? She likes to sit on a lap and makes "chicken" purring sounds. She's very comforting. Always so sorry to hear of your daughter's murder and the horrible pain that has left behind for those who loved her.

I can talk chicken with her. I learned to make those purring sounds when I was a rotten kid putting those elastics in the ground. Just have her bring along the pattern for a coat and I wll make one while she is sitting in my lap talking to me. She could tell me all about Cocky Rocky and if he is her first choice of a mate. After all, when you think about it, it is an arranged marriage. And how does she feel about sharing him with the other girls. Oh, there is so much girl talk we could do. :cool:

Some years it goes by and it isn't until about a week later that I even think about it. Then there are years like this one when it gets to me. She left five kids. I took the oldest one, the oldest boy went with the father, and the three youngest were all adopted in an open adoption. Even after they were adopted I still babysat them. Every so often one of them will call and need some information about their mother health wise. Did she have....? Her middle daughter is the absolute clone of her. Every time I see her, I see her mother in her at that age. Oddly enough, that doesn't upset me. At holidays when we are sitting around the table, we often share stories about her. Only her youngest doesn't remember her. She was only ten months old at the time.

I am not a person to get depressed. But losing a child does do it to you. Fortunately it doesn't last too long. At least for not more than a week. So if I disappear for a short while next month, you will know why.
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter. It's a sad tragedy for all involved. If you ever need a place to vent DC is a great place. Take care.

I can talk chicken with her. I learned to make those purring sounds when I was a rotten kid putting those elastics in the ground. Just have her bring along the pattern for a coat and I wll make one while she is sitting in my lap talking to me. She could tell me all about Cocky Rocky and if he is her first choice of a mate. After all, when you think about it, it is an arranged marriage. And how does she feel about sharing him with the other girls. Oh, there is so much girl talk we could do. :cool:
Darn--there is a silly rule about transporting chickens across the US-Canada border. Myrtle was all excited about getting a custom-made coat and girl talk!

I had a younger woman in her early 50's that had a brain tumor as my therapy patient today and she was having a rough day, depressed and tearful, made me tearful as well, all I can do is strive to get her back to as much independence as I can but it's hard not to feel the pain.

Today had it's challenges (3 more spells of vertigo) but I am walking on air because I just completed the first month of my pain management course redo with no missed days, and now have a week off before we start the second half! :)

I had a younger woman in her early 50's that had a brain tumor as my therapy patient today and she was having a rough day, depressed and tearful, made me tearful as well, all I can do is strive to get her back to as much independence as I can but it's hard not to feel the pain.
I commend you for even wanting to try AND for allowing yourself to feel some of her pain. The team at my pain clinic are incredible, looking after all aspects of our conditions - they can't cure us (no one can), but they are, like you, striving give us some sense of quality of life. Good on you Merlot - I know it is your job, but it is one of compassion!

I commend you for even wanting to try AND for allowing yourself to feel some of her pain. The team at my pain clinic are incredible, looking after all aspects of our conditions - they can't cure us (no one can), but they are, like you, striving give us some sense of quality of life. Good on you Merlot - I know it is your job, but it is one of compassion!

I truly care about my patients and it is so aggravating to be around people who don't. We have one therapist who is constantly complaining about herself (she is tired, aggravated about something or another.. stomping around... then we have a nurse who practically snaps your head off if you speak to her.) Those are just two examples but they make me want to tell them to go find another job. Everyone has bad days but these people are with us for a purpose and they are relying on us! (Maybe this should be in the venting thread!) :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom