Your dish/china pattern?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I subscribe to the eclectic style. ;)

I use what's on hand and what works for the intended use.

You can cover many eons from my collection.

Yeah, That's what I'm calling it. A "Collection". :LOL:

I subscribe to the eclectic style. ;)

I use what's on hand and what works for the intended use.

You can cover many eons from my collection.

Yeah, That's what I'm calling it. A "Collection". :LOL:

I have many salad plates with different designs, they are just for variety. Cheaper to buy a couple of those than a whole set when I see a design I like.

Wow, Quimperware is beautiful.

VINTAGE-QUIMPER-FRENCH-POTTERY-MARGUERITE-BLUE-ORANGE.jpg

We have the pattern with the man/woman on. It was a game to eat all of the cream-of-wheat to discovery which was in the bottom of the bowl.

PF, My dinnerware is totally utilitarian.

Strike one against me is I'm male.
Strike two against me is I'm single.
Matching anything is foreign to me.

Now I can also use my being single and male as an excuse but truth be told I simply don't give a rats behind.

If it works use it! ;)

PF, My dinnerware is totally utilitarian.

Strike one against me is I'm male.
Strike two against me is I'm single.
Matching anything is foreign to me.

Now I can also use my being single and male as an excuse but truth be told I simply don't give a rats behind.

If it works use it! ;)

I have several odd single items that I use simply because I do give a rats behind! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Each of the odd items reminds me of a person, place, time of life, etc...

Sometimes I wish I could keep my memories in my head and not need to be surrounded by objects that I've accumulated over the years. :wacko:

I have several odd single items that I use simply because I do give a rats behind! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Each of the odd items reminds me of a person, place, time of life, etc...

Sometimes I wish I could keep my memories in my head and not need to be surrounded by objects that I've accumulated over the years. :wacko:

Aunt Bea, That's why I have what I do.
It's a collection of pieces from my past.
Do they match?
No.
Do I love them?
Yes.
Why get rid of useful items because the don't fit a scheme?

So much of my formative and early life was filled with chaos and disruption that most of my tableware choices reflect my desire to return to a "gentler time." Except for our daily use dishes, all the rest are throwbacks to either the late 1800s or the beginning of the 20th century of our country.

The Virginia Rose pattern is a perfect example of my view of a "gentler" era. Here's a photo of what it looks like. The design is composed of pastels of green, pink and lavender. The field is a soft cream and each piece is edged in platinum. I love the scalloped edges.

I usually pair it with pale green Depression glass.

th

As for the LuRay Pastels, this can be summed up as just plain old "fun." You can't be unhappy when the table is set with an assortment of these pieces. The photo below pretty much sums up our collection. Love, love, love it. It's pure fun for an Easter table.

th

Last edited:
This is my formal/holiday dinnerware.

img_1453598_0_c38e06434a1aeb4775e4e16d65976f0f.jpg

My everyday dishes are Tienshan nautical stoneware that you can't find any more.

s-l300.jpg

It is on it's last legs and I will get a new set when I can find a reasonably priced stoneware set that doesn't include the cups that I never use any way. It is unbelievable how many sets of cups I have that go with dishware that is long gone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom