Your favorite shows as a child

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Johnny Quest was the one with Hagi, right?

What about Penelope Pitstop? Snidely Whiplash? Courageous Cat????? Minute Mouse??
Top Cat???
Alice the Goon from Popyeye??
Does anyone remember Kimba the White Lion?
George of the Jungle??

How about the Banana Splits??

Does anyone remember a cartoon where the characters were actually marionettes? They were dressed in military outfits and seemed to be on missions all the time.

What about Land of the Giants?? They were always carrying around a huge safety pin with a bunch of string like it was a grappling hook.

I'm pretty sure Jackie Gleason came on late in the evening. My brother and I shared a room with bunkbeds. If we put our heads at the foot of the bed and propped our pillows just so, we were able to see the television in the living room. That's how I watched Jackie Gleason and I'm pretty sure Ed Sullivan, too. I must have been about 6 or so..

Those shows were 8:00 PM shows.

I also loved Abbot and Costello. Their "Who's On First?" is my alll time favorite.

Also watched Laurel and Hardy every morning before school.

Those shows were 8:00 PM shows.

I also loved Abbot and Costello. Their "Who's On First?" is my alll time favorite.

Also watched Laurel and Hardy every morning before school.

Abbot and Costello and the Limberger Cheese was my favourite. They had a lunch counter..and Abbot was the guy behind the counter. Costello was in the kitchen. Customer orders a limberger cheese sandwich. Stinky was kept under a cake dome and every time Costello tried to remove the cheese and offensive aroma knocked him down. Naturally, Abbot was loosing patience and kept after him to 'get in with that limberger cheese, already'. Costello's response was "if you think I'm getting in here with this cheese, you're craaaaaaazy". Priceless.

My bedtime must have been 8pm if I was watching Gleason in bed.

Lassie and Gentle Ben, Brady Bunch, Eddie's Father,
Gillian's Island, Partridge Family,

A lot of people don't know that The Flintstones was originally made for adults. It was shown Sunday nights, and it was based on The Honeymooners (another of my favorites, in reruns). I believe The Jetsons may have been marketed for adults as well.

Also, did you know that Star Trek was based on the show Wagon Train? They are both basically anthology shows that take place in a different local every week, with a core or regular characters and many guests.

:)Barbara

:) I just remembered a good one, Flipper OMG I loved that littles boys life with his very own pet dolphin and living by the ocean.

I LOVED CHiPs!!!!
My friend and I pretended to be married to Ponch and Jon. I got Ponch.
Saw a bio on biography channel about erik estrada last night and i just giggled the whole time.

Little House on the Prairie
Dallas
Muppet Show
Sesame Street
Wonder Years
Cheers
Cosby
remember Alf?
Different Strokes
Facts of Life
Blossom
Married w/ Children
Love Boat
Brady Bunch
reruns of lots of shows....
Gilligan's island
I love Lucy
I dream of Jeannie
Bewitched

I'm sure I'll think of TONS after I stop this list.....

Bewitched
Gilligan's Island
I Love Lucy
Felix the Cat
Scooby Doo
Midnight Special with WOLF MAN JACK!
Saturday Night Wrestling.... remember the Von Erichs???
HR Puff n Stuff
New Zoo Review
Segmund the Seamonster

Lordy.... talk about blast from the past!!!

No one has mentioned Dark Shadows! I can remember running down the street after getting off the school bus to make it home in time to watch! Most of my other faves have already been mentioned. One thing I find sad is the lack of theme songs these days. We sang those silly songs all the time. I guess Gilligans Island would be the ultimate memory. My friends and I would play different characters and set up our own stories to play make-believe around the neighborhood. If we weren't Gilligan's Island we were Huck Finn characters! What memories!

Yea, we would do that to jabbur.... all except we acted out the Godzilla and King Kong movies. I remember I was always Rodan... the terradactyl (sp?). I always loved being the monsters with wings! I hated when King Kong would win over Godzilla.

...Top Cat???...

...Does anyone remember Kimba the White Lion?
George of the Jungle??...

...What about Land of the Giants?? They were always carrying around a huge safety pin with a bunch of string like it was a grappling hook.
I loved Top Cat, Kimba the White Lion, and George of the Jungle! Also Tennessee Tuxedo, Bullwinkle, and the Saturday morning Looney Toons cartoons that included Daffy Duck, the one with the sheep dog and wolf (one of them was Sam and the other Ralph) who fought all day and then clocked out a the end of the day, Pepe LePew, Taz, etc. There was also a cute one for awhile with a little sheep who would cry out, "It's the woolif, it's the woolif!"

I never saw Land of the Giants as a kid, but my husband bought the whole series and we have been watching them.

There was a show I loved on Saturday mornings that had a similar name. Land of the Lost.

No one has mentioned Dark Shadows!...
I almost wrote this one down and then forgot! That was the only "soap" my mom or I ever watched. It was so campy that it was great!

:)Barbara

Dark Shadows..................:wub: I've had a thing for vampyres since I was in 2nd grade. I never really got what that show was about back then, but I loved the way they'd cover their bite wounds with a scarf.

can't remember the name of this one, but Grocho Marx hosted it, he would mortify or make fun of the contestants, I thought it was really funny..

Saturday morning Looney Toons
Family Ties
Growing Pains
The Muppets
Wrestling every Saturday (or Sunday)
The Facts of Life
The Great Space Coaster ( I think I'm the only one who remembers that show )
The Flinstones
Mama's Family

just to name a few

Back
Top Bottom