Your favorite shows as a child

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW!

So many classic shows have been listed here. With almost every post I'm nodding my head thinking, "yeah, I watched that, too". Things were different back in the day, when we only had a handful of channels from which to choose. I think producers actually had to think a bit more about what they were putting on television because the competition was greater. Nowadays just about any old crapola will find its way onto TV.

I LOVED CHiPs!!!!
My friend and I pretended to be married to Ponch and Jon. I got Ponch.
Saw a bio on biography channel about erik estrada last night and i just giggled the whole time.

LOL, Suzi! My friend wrote entire blue-books full of stories where she and I were married to Kelly and Scottie (Robert Culp and Bill Cosby) in I Spy. I wanted Scottie, thankfully, since she was smitten with Kelly.

Later, I had a serious crush on Captain James T. Kirk, and left Scottie in the past.

As an adult, I got rid of all that silly kid stuff, and fell in love with Robert Urich in Spenser for Hire. I'm still not over HIM.

Lee

I still remember watching American Bandstand with Dick Clark. :ermm:;) And...

I love lucy
Twilight Zone
The Outer Limits (Don't try to adjust your TV station)
Mary Tyler Moore
Rhoda (Hello. This is Carlton your doorman)
Designing Woman
Maude
Alfred Hitchcock
A sci fi show (can't remember the name - but recall an episode with an earwick - shudder, lol)
My grandma use to let me stay up & watch Jack Paar or was it Steve Allen?)
Happy Days
The Waltons
Little House on the Prairie (& that mean little Nellie Olsen lol)
Knots Landing
Dallas (Who Shot JR? LOL)

I remember watching 99% of all those listed and yeah, isn't it amazing how much good TV there was with so few channels. I am of the TV generation :ROFLMAO: LOL

How about:
The Banana Splits
Lidsville
Danger Mouse
The Bugaloos
The Lucy Show
Here's Lucy
Yogi and Friends
George of the Jungle
Casper the friendly Ghost (Wendy Witch, Baby Huey)
M*A*S*H*

I had bought the first season of M.A.S.H. on VHS for myself and my son got hooked on it. That was back in 2003. He aventually lost his enthusiasum after buying the sixth season on DVD, but he was so wild about it that one year for his birthday I sent him to a relatives for a 2 night sleep over while I decorated his room to look like a M.A.S.H. tent.
I took over 50 yards of unbleached muslin and spray painted it to look camoflauge (sp?), made cutain, blanket to match and I even spray painted his computer desk to match. Hung a camoflauge mosquito net over his bed. And than I was able to get some M.A.S.H. related stuff on E Bay to add to the decor.

I remember Cptain Kangaroo........and how Rabbit was always outsmarting him and Mr. GreenJeans........those were warm, safe shows for young children.......I also remember seeing "The Wizard of Oz" and being fascinated and scared by the tornado and the wicked witch of the West......and then laughing at Carol Burnett in "Once Upon a Mattress"..........yep, I'm getting close to the blue hair dye club..........(jest kidding.....actually no grays yet------probably radioactive from all the years of living overseas! :):):)

What a walk down memory lane! My dad was stationed in Germany when I was 10 for three years, and I missed many of the shows mentioned, only saw them in reruns many years later! My personal favorite family show was after I was an adult, and I liked The Waltons. Many years later I became friends with a family who lived near Earl Hamner and we've eaten at The Dew Drop Inn! But I loved that show.

Back
Top Bottom