Your favorite shows as a child

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
My youngest son and I went with a friend and her children recently on an outing. The friend had Gilliagans Island in the DVD player and my son loved it. I loved this show as a child/teen and was thrilled to see that he too enjoys it. Sure miss those wholesome shows. I'm going to surprise him with some season DVD's. I also loved the Waltons, Little House on the Prairie to name a few..... He even loves my favorite cartoons Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry.

What are some of the shows you loved as a child.

when i was a child there were no tv's i remember i first saw in the fifties. not much on. saw kids show when mine were little. romper room, was one and seasame street. oh and a stupid clown named bob. my son liked teen age dance time when he was two. babe

My favorites were Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, The Twilight Zone, The Monroes, Gunsmoke, Gilligan's Island, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, Love American Style, and After School Specials. As a little older teen I loved The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie (now buying the DVD sets of those two), Father Murphy, Sunday Night Mystery Movie (which included Columbo, McLeod, McMillan and Wife, and later Hec Ramsey, and Quincy M.E.). I'm not sure if this came on during my teens or just after, but I also loved Highway to Heaven.

:)Barbara

All in the Family
Oh yeah, I loved that too! Wow, you are reminding me of what a TV-aholic I am. I also loved The Jeffersons, Good Times, Happy Days, Joani Loves Chachi, and Charles in Charge. Sheesh, I need to find another, less time consuming, hobby, like computers. Oh, wait. Um, never mind! :LOL::ROFLMAO::angel:

The Galloping Gourmet
Julia Child
Lost in Space
The Brady Bunch
I Love Lucy
The Little Rascals
The Waltons
The Addams Family
The Meunsters
Emergency
The Rookies
The Carol Burnett Show
Kookla, Fran and Ollies Foreign Film Festival
The Ed Sullivan Show
I Dream of Jeannie
Bewitched
Fawlty Towers
Monty Python's Flying Circus

You are making me think of more! Galloping Gourmet, I love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, Leave it to Beaver, The Munsters, Addams Family, Ozzie and Harriet, Hee Haw, Beverly Hillbillies. You'll probably never believe it, but I actually did spend a lot of time outside, playing! Looking at my list, it's hard to believe! LOL Of course most TV watching was in the evenings.

We didn't own a TV until I was about 7 YO so the list is shorter. Then we got a 7" black and white set.

The Lone Ranger
Gunsmoke
Warner Brothers Cartoons
Howdy Doody
Have Gun Will Travel
Big Brother Bob Emory

Gunsmoke
Bonanza
Gilligan's Island
Leave it to Beaver
and
last
but
most
certainly
not
least
STAR TREK

Attachments

• Spock.jpg
    Spock.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 97
There were so many - showing my age now - Pinky the clown, all the good westerns - there were many, Ed Sullivan, Red Buttons, Carol Burnett, Lawerence Welk, Friday night at the fights - Mom and Dad watched these - I had to, or look out the window :( ! Many many others, Tom and Jerry are still my favorite with grandsons. Oh - Mighty Mouse - he saved the day !!! lol

You are making me think of more! Galloping Gourmet, I love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, Leave it to Beaver, The Munsters, Addams Family, Ozzie and Harriet, Hee Haw, Beverly Hillbillies. You'll probably never believe it, but I actually did spend a lot of time outside, playing! Looking at my list, it's hard to believe! LOL Of course most TV watching was in the evenings.

With the exception of the two cooking shows and the Little Rascals, all television was done in the evenings. The only thing on in the afternoon was 'the stories', and those were boring with a capital B. The Foreign Film Festival was on Saturday afternoons. We all played outside after school and all day during the summer. We only watched tv from 7pm till 9pm.
Our lists are so long because we all watched whatever the prime time show of the evening was...regardless. We also watched either all NBC, CBS or ABC for the entire evening. Who wanted to get up to change the channel? We put on one channel at 7pm and left it on till we went to bed, suffering through all the commercials.

I also loved watching The Bowery Boys and the Abbott and Costello Show. Loved Costello....what a riot. I liked the 3 Stooges, too. Pretty sure those were all reruns when I was watching them.

Oh, more...

The Jackie Gleason Show and

Milton Berle's Show of Shows

I'm pretty sure Jackie Gleason came on late in the evening. My brother and I shared a room with bunkbeds. If we put our heads at the foot of the bed and propped our pillows just so, we were able to see the television in the living room. That's how I watched Jackie Gleason and I'm pretty sure Ed Sullivan, too. I must have been about 6 or so..

All the ones mentioned plus I loved the Johnny Quest cartoons. Three's Company. Don't laugh but I liked The Love Boat.

Back
Top Bottom