Your Grown Up Christmas List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I don't know how many of you know the song of this title. It has been done by many people, but I think the most popular is Amy Grant. It is about someone who remembers their childhood dreams and list of wants to Santa and then makes a grown up list for humanity of things like world peace.

I was wondering, if you could have anything for Christmas, funny or serious, what would it be?

For me, I just got everything I could ask for with DH's new job, my health and our house being redone through an insurance claim. But if I had to pick something I wouldn't normally get I think it would be for my sister-in-law to get her voice back strong and unstrained even just for the day.

On the lighter side of things, to be able to spend a day at Charm City Cakes would be really nice!

Hmmm...darned fine question. I got all misty when I thought of all my wishes. They're all so selfish though. So, on an unselfish note...

I'd wish for a strong healthy body for our dear Kadesma so that she can keep spreading her brand of love and joy to all she touches.

I wish my nieces had thier mom back and my MIL had her daughter.
:(

and to lighten that up.... as of 30 min ago i wish i had a new, unbreakable spritz cookie press!

Actually that was the first one I thought of too, but then remembered my SIL and her chronic larangitis. Can I have both my wishes? (The day with Duff was just to illustrate a silly one).

EDIT: I was referring to Kadesma, but I like Suzi's first one as well.

Its your game, I say you can have whatever you want.

Hey suzi, in this game I'll lend you my indestructible cookie press. I swear you could press steel with this baby.

I wish that people would be kinder, softer, more tolerant, giving, loving.

I have a new wish to add. That the 4 year old son of a young couple I catered for and consider like family does not have infection in his recently amputated leg. As many of you know, this hits a little too close to home for me and even worse that it is an absolutely adorable young boy.

Very, very selfish...but I want Buck to visit me as he did on July 6th.

Other than that, that all our children have the best Christmas ever with their families. They're all such wonderful "big" people and have established fantastic homes and lives together.

For fun, I would love to drive (or ride on) the zamboni on Paducah's new ice skating rink. Love, love, love zambonis. Plus, it's a cool word!

And, no, all you goofy folks out there; a zamboni isn't an Italian dessert or sandwich. I'm gonna be stubborn and tell you to Google "zamboni" to find out.:LOL:

Katie, I don't think your first one is selfish at all and I wish it for your too. I would love the same for my Mom. I know what a zamboni is and I think that would be fun too.

Laurie, I would be soooooo surprised if you didn't know what a zamboni is, given where you live. I lived for many years in northern Minnesota near the Canadian border...and had a cousin who was pro-ice hockey. It was mandatory for me to be versed in all things "ice.":LOL:

Yes Katie, I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan and we traveled a lot to Minnesota and North Dakota for shopping. I grew up in a place where every school had an outdoor ice rink in the winter and words like zamboni, curling and double-soucow were standard vocabulary.

To spend just one more Christmas with my parents. That is my present... but my gift to the world would be that no one ever has to suffer and that they have plenty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom