Your hobbies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i considered karate & ballet. i'm willowey enough fer ballet & karate seems kinda neat.
you?

I've picked up knitting but who knows what I'll start up next when ALL of my kids are gone to school. I'll have a ME TIME party for sure!!! Then I'll decide on what hobby I'd like to pick up. Gardening is something I love but the allergies are something I can live without.

Just off the top of my head...knitting, crocheting, embroidery, all sorts of other needlework, reading, cooking, gardening, jigsaw puzzles, pets/animals, cooking, collecting antique china, glassware and silverware, sewing, decorating.

All I can think of right now.

Designing and drawing houses for me, I see some radical building design or new idea on TV and re-hash it in to a home. Here's one of my latest brainstorms
2726413087_f42c04fc5c.jpg

Attie, you want to design a second floor for me for the remodeling project, I’ve been dreaming about.

Hobbies, right now or what did not quite understand what you meant. For me it is cooking and cigar smoking. And right now I am building this huge display cabinet, but I don't consider wood working a hubby. It is something I took up as a necessity.
Have to add that I really do not have enough time for either of them, so cooking takes priority.

Cooking, programming, fixing computers, writing. I think that is about it. Used to be into astronomy before moving here.. can't see the stars too well here with all the lights, I miss being able to lay on my back in the yard and see the Milky Way clearly.

Motocross, motorcycles in general, woodworking, guitars, cooking. There's others I would like to try like stained glass, glass blowing but I swamped as it is. Someday maybe. I used to do website and graphic design but gave it up.
i can draw but I only do something once every few years.

Looks interesting Attie.

I have had a lot of them. Currently cooking is all I have time for. Over time - Scuba diving (100 dives), flying (Even flew a WW II bipland copy ar 300' over Myrtle Beach), Motorcycling (Road Riding), Remodeling (Currently doing that), Auto Mechanics, Diesel trucks (Had a really great one, this one is OK), Programming and computer hardware.

astronomy, Photography (incl; developing of my own films and prints), growing my own fruits and veg, monitoring and tracking lightning storms, Meteorology, Electronics, all Sciences, rocket car racing...

there`s too many to list really!

i considered karate & ballet. i'm willowey enough fer ballet & karate seems kinda neat.
you?

Are you asking for hobbies we considered taking up? :huh:

Is piano playing a hobby? I always wished I could play the piano.
I also wish I had taken up mountain climbing... or is that a sport? At any rate it looks fun and I used to piddle around rock climbing shortly out of high school, so I think I would have liked it.

I don't know.... I'm having a hard time distiguishing hobbies from sports this morning :LOL: And most anything I wanted to do, I did :)

Music copying that used to pay money, but now it's computerized. (It was fun being a lefty doing this.)

Furniture refinishing, craft painting, quilting.

Used to be into astronomy before moving here.. can't see the stars too well here with all the lights, I miss being able to lay on my back in the yard and see the Milky Way clearly.

I sometimes miss astronomy. I live in L.A. and the nearest dark site is at least 90 miles away at 8000 ft of elevation. I used to drive up there and join other astro geeks. I was mainly into astro-photography while I was into this hobby. I eventually sold all my astro and photo gear. This hobby was too much of a time commitment for me.

Well obviously cooking or I wouldnt be here....;)
Since buying a home I have been really enjoying gardening, and hopefully soon I would like to learn quilting!

Also love, reading, camping, deal finding, exploring new restaurants, and window shopping.

Gardening, yardwork, knitting, crochet, cross-stitch, sewing, reading, biking....
I keep trying to get back into running, but I'm afraid I will pull a Forrest Gump and just
KEEP RUNNING!!!!!!!
Oh, and duh...
COOKING!

Back
Top Bottom