"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-26-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Your ideal meals for a day.

If there were no dietary concerns, worries about trans fat and sugars, or allergies, and you could eat all you wanted for a day.

What would your ideal meals be?

Old 11-26-2006, 01:49 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Breakfast: Beer.
Lunch: Same as above
Dinner: Chicken and Spring greens (it`s like Kale and I eat it by the pound) with plenty gravy.

hang on a sec.... I do that Anyway! :P

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:54 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Poached eggs on toast and a nonfat double tall white mocha from starbucks.

grilled cheese ( swiss) with ham, onion, mushrooms and tomato soup and some good hot chocolate to drink. Must be eaten in front of a fire on a snowy day in the mountains.

steak, steamed clams dipped in butter, sauted mushrooms, baked potatoes with bacon and lots of melted butter, assortment of steamed fresh veggies, gyros, fresh home grown tomatoes and cukes.

And for dessert.... vanilla ice cream.
warm chocolate pudding.
Apple pie.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
Executive Chef

Breakfast - Soya milk drink with Yu Tiao. Steamed Pork Dumpling

Lunch - Arni Yiouvetsi (Lamb shank with Orzo Pasta), Greek Salad

Dinner - Rojak (Singapore salad), Wanton Noodles with dumpling soup

How about yours, Gobo?
Old 11-26-2006, 02:46 PM   #5
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Ahh you caught me...
I was thinking about it...
hmm

Breakfast: Few strips of chewy bacon with scrambled eggs, white buttered toast, and breakfast potatoes nicely spiced.

Lunch: White Cheddar Kraft Dinner, grilled cheese, and, and,and.... aaaaand.... onion rings!

Dinner: breaded and fried calamari, chicken legs and cajun spiced wings, and a caesar salad.

Dessert: that apple cobbler that i posted, with french vanilla ice cream on top, and a slice of banana bread with banana and chocolate icing on top.
Old 11-26-2006, 03:07 PM   #6
Head Chef

Breakfast: bacon sandwich with organic tomato ketchup. The bread for the sandwich would be granary bread lightly toasted and then fried in the bacon fat and butter in the pan. Fresh orange juice and two cups of "café con leche".

Very late morning: slivers of cured ham, manchego cheese and anchovies with "pa amb tomàquet" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pa_amb_tomaquet). Albariño white wine.

Lunch: Cheese (emmenthal or gruyere) omelette with salad made of cherry tomatoes, green beans and pine kernels. (More) Albariño. Tarte tatin recipe I have or muscatel grapes for dessert.

Dinner: choices.... choices. Too many favourites to choose from. But right now, I'd go for a pile of grilled lamb cutlets or a baked sea bream, chips, spinach and grilled tomato. Jean León Cabernet Sauvignon 2000 if having the lamb, an Alsace Gewurztraminer if having fish. If I thought I could manage a starter, celeriac remoulade with more cured ham. What a good excuse to open a Gewurztraminer, even if I have the cutlets!
Dessert: lemon meringue pie.

Interesting to see what I've said: not too many rich sauces or 'fancy' dishes. Remarkable how much dead pig I'd choose to eat though. Shame they're so clever.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:31 PM   #7
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboenomo
If there were no dietary concerns, worries about trans fat and sugars, or allergies, and you could eat all you wanted for a day.
LOL, I never worry about such things. I'm blessed with great metabolism so, I pretty much eat what I want everyday until the end of the month when we're pinching pennies lol.

Ideal breakfast would be (and I say ideal not because of the dietary issues but because of availability and convenience of acquiring it) would be cheese danish.

Lunch: Jack In The Box tacos.

Dinner: Large pizza with extra cheese, mushrooms and pepperoni.

*Sigh* haven't had any of these things for over two yrs. ****, I miss the USA!!!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #8
Head Chef

Steak for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A Banana Split Ice Cream Pie and a lot of Caffeine Diet Coke.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:48 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Jill, you wouldn't have to worry about caffeine diet coke...
Old 11-26-2006, 06:22 PM   #10
Master Chef

All I want when I first get up is my iced tea.
But I do get hungry around 10:30, and I'd like a very fresh, flakey Cream Horn, fresh sweet strawberries and a Mimosa.
I like soup for lunch...perhaps a nice seafood chowder, with plenty of saltines and a large glass of lowfat milk.
Dinner is the difficult one to choose. I believe I'll start with a cold beer and a dozen cold water oysters on the half shell, followed by a small delectable salad of some kind...should have a garden fresh tomato and some kind of stinky cheese.
For the next course, I'd like a bowl of seafood Gumbo and a slice of crusty bread.
After that has a chance to slide a bit, I would like filet mignon, medium-rare and half a stuffed lobster.
And for dessert...a slice of Key Lime Pie.