Your job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
getoutamykitchen said:
I hope you find something soon, the job market around here is so tuff. Just a lot of minimum wage stuff. Good luck to you!

Thanks, I'm hoping it's going to happen real soon!!

Good luck job hunting texasgirl, hope you find something you like to do AND make good money.

I'm a Medical Assistant. I work for orthopaedic surgeons in a Sports Medicine specific office. We take care of the local minor league hockey team (go Lynx!) as well as most of the schools in the area as well as your every day patient.

THAT is what my dream job is!! I'm too chicken to be a nurse, but, an MA is what I have wanted to do for so long!!!

I am a paralegal at a large firm. I usually work on complex litigation, i.e. a cure for insomnia. Seriously, I do learn alot of interesting useless facts.

Tattrat said:

this is one already going :)

I knew someone would take the time to look it up.
When duplicate threads like this start they should be merged (IMO). Maybe the OP of the locked thread searched to see if one was already going months ago, maybe they didn't, but search is so erratic that merging similar threads might help narrow down the searches.

Or not :LOL:

Degree in Studio Art: Sculpture

Jeweler (well Assistant Jeweler/Watch Repairman) by trade.

I also make and sell small sculptures and art jewelry on the side.

I worked at Radioshack for a few years so I still putter in little electronic things, circuitbending and the like.

I'm pretty much a lazy bum. I taught for about 15 1/2 years but have been out of work since June 2007. I have a few things in the works (a book, jewelry making, sewing, selling on ebay) but depression has left me sitting and doing nothing (including most housework) for over a year. I am getting a little better though and am getting started on everything. I am actually a perky, very brain-active person, so it is frustrating to have all these ideas and then just sit, unable to get started. The doctor has started me on B vitamins, and I am working on changing our diet, exercising, etc. We bought a lot of things on our vacation to sell on ebay, and things for jewelry making (I lucked into a gallon-sized bag of various sized pretty shells that just happened to have holes for jewelry making already in them. They forgot to add them before we paid, so they threw them in free!), plus about 45 yards of fabric (to add to the tons I already had, so I have got to get busy.

So, thinking positively (which is the only way I know), I am a writer, jewelry maker, seamstress, and ebay entrepreneur.

:)Barbara

i am a broadcast engineer for the cbs television network in nyc. which means i fix stuff. everything that creates then broadcasts television.(i crack open computers, cameras, and tv's, remove the dead squirrel from the wheel cage, and put in a new one with a peanut tied to a stick on his head)
Oh and I've seen him @ work and he really does crack things open, I seem to recall a very small camera in 167,935 pieces, I personally thought you were nuts!:LOL::ROFLMAO::wacko:

There sure is a diverse group of people here, it makes it so interesting.

I used to be a cosmetologist many moons ago. I worked at our Agency on Aging in the fiscal dept. for many years. I stayed home to raise my 2 kids and seeing as how they're 14 apart I was home alot. My last job was repairing and cleaning water coolers for a large water co.
I am now a stay at home wife since my youngest just graduated. I take care of my mom who is in an assisted living facility, handling her finances, dr. appts., etc. My dh has been on permanent disability for the past 5 years due to back problems and he and I run a website that has been going strong now for almost 10 years. I also do everything around here as he is not able. I guess I'm just a "Jill" of all trades!

Barb

I'm pretty much a lazy bum. I taught for about 15 1/2 years but have been out of work since June 2007. I have a few things in the works (a book, jewelry making, sewing, selling on ebay) but depression has left me sitting and doing nothing (including most housework) for over a year. I am getting a little better though and am getting started on everything. I am actually a perky, very brain-active person, so it is frustrating to have all these ideas and then just sit, unable to get started. The doctor has started me on B vitamins, and I am working on changing our diet, exercising, etc. We bought a lot of things on our vacation to sell on ebay, and things for jewelry making (I lucked into a gallon-sized bag of various sized pretty shells that just happened to have holes for jewelry making already in them. They forgot to add them before we paid, so they threw them in free!), plus about 45 yards of fabric (to add to the tons I already had, so I have got to get busy.

So, thinking positively (which is the only way I know), I am a writer, jewelry maker, seamstress, and ebay entrepreneur.

:)Barbara

It's just amazing how depression can rule your life, glad to hear your working with a doctor. I tried a pychiatrist (sp?) once. I couldn't understand 90% of what he said. he gave me a perscription for Prozac and I turned out to be allergic to it. I turned into the world's largest mosquito bite. I haven't sought help for my depression ever since. I just cry everyday and push thru it. Having an awesome 12 year old keeps me going.

no, depression is NOT fun..........it affects everyone around you.........

I used to be a kindergarten, first grade teacher.....also early childhood..I love that age group.....and volunteered to work at our international school.........I also volunteered to give English conversational lessons.........the 12 year olds were wonderful

I'm a homemaker, mom, wife, pet owner, and part-time elementary bilingual teacher. My whole life revolves around children. I love what I do.

well, according to my business card, I am still an Executive Chef for Arnold and Porter law firm. Though I feel like I still wanna be a beach bum when I grow up.

IT Administrator for a public company 40ish locations manufacturing.
Procurement, AP, Sox security reports, and whatever else needs to be done. (some helpdesk) ~Bliss

To make a long story short, I run a courier service my Mother started back in 80'. I deal with lunatic attorneys, broke down cars on a Friday night, drivers that dont show up for work, accidents, NY/NJ traffic, insurance companies, bullying corporate bozos, and customers that don't pay their bills on time. There's more, but I'm keeping it short. A couple of our larger customers are Waterford Wedgewood, Clinique and Estee Lauder. We repair and distribute cosmetic displays that are used in shopping malls east of Harrisburg PA, Delaware, New Jersey and most of the 5 boroughs of New York.

Basically right out of high school, I worked with an old family friend as a heavy truck and equipment mechanic. I did everything from repairing or modifying excavating equipment, engine and transmission rebuilds, some boat transmission rebuilds, welding and fabricating. I worked on engines larger than your minivan. The garbage trucks were the worst with the maggots falling on you.

After work, I also helped out another friend repairing commercial fishing boats and yachts.

I hate grease now.

Well, there's what I used to be and what I'm going to be... :rolleyes:

I used to be a tax auditor for the State of Washington. A job where no one wants to see you, no one wants to hear what you say and everyone's glad when you leave! :wacko:

I'm hopefully in my final quarter of a Masters in Library Science - with grand hopes to become a children's librarian. Unemployed at the moment, though I do take on temp accounting work for the dinero and to get me out of the apartment.

LL

Discuss Cooking Moderator, also owned our own pharmacy where I was a Pharmacy Tech. I am now retired and loving what I"m doing

kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom