Your job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I'm sure there's been a thread out there somewhere in the past, but what do you do for a living?

I work for an Israeli company that makes and sells 3D printers. I deal with contracts and inventory and other things.

my work isn`t exactly easy to define in precise terms but basically I work in a privately owned Lab and am hired to solve practical "Problems" on a contract basis.

oh yeah, and I`m the Lab owner ;)

Last edited:
I operate a small computer consulting company in New York City. We supply voice and data cabling, Small to medium phone systems, PC's, network file servers and network connectivity. We also assist customers in technology decisions on other types of equipment that we do not supply.

I'm the store manager of the Ace hardware store in my town.

What about you, Angie?

Lee

I was a financial executive until I retired. Now I'm a primary care giver for the best grandson on the planet.

Last edited:
Right now, I am graphics artist, am going back to storage facility though. "Artist" is not what that job is!! Words and boxes does not make you an artist, lol

Right now, I am graphics artist, am going back to storage facility though. "Artist" is not what that job is!! Words and boxes does not make you an artist, lol

So you made the decision to move, good for you. I hope you end up much happier in your next job.

Oh, and I do tech support for BigPond Internet in Australia.

I'm nothing. I've got so bored of the glazed looks when I say I'm a stay at home wife. DH tells people he employs me to take care of his animals rofl. I was not working due to ill health for a while, but the big whole in my cv and that I'm the right age to have children means I'm almost unemployable. I've been applying to local jobs, but I'm over qualified for them :( its a no win situation!

Before that I have been an equine scientist, worked in property and a musician, oh and a legal clerk :) I like working!

I teach at a Prep School (high school English) and am a contract chef (private chef for hire) to a small but appreciative and repeat clientèle. (I am also a singer and have a few contract gigs here and there...mainly Sundays).

I'm nothing. I've got so bored of the glazed looks when I say I'm a stay at home wife. DH tells people he employs me to take care of his animals rofl. I was not working due to ill health for a while, but the big whole in my cv and that I'm the right age to have children means I'm almost unemployable. I've been applying to local jobs, but I'm over qualified for them :( its a no win situation!

Before that I have been an equine scientist, worked in property and a musician, oh and a legal clerk :) I like working!

What about a vets clinic or something, since you have some knowledge of horses? That would be awesome for me, but, I don't have anything under my belt for anyone to even look at me.

Hey Lulu, a stay at home mom is the toughest job ever! I've been one as well, but recently went looking for a job, anything at all, and found one in housekeeping for a hotel. It's only been one week, and I am bored lol, I need a challenge. So, I'll keep looking, but at least I have a paycheck finally.

What about a vets clinic or something, since you have some knowledge of horses? That would be awesome for me, but, I don't have anything under my belt for anyone to even look at me.

Unfortunately because of the effects of my illness a vet is unlikely to be able to get employer's inurance for me :ermm:. I very occasionally help one of the vets I used to work with for credit with him against future vet bills. We are both really hoping that as house prices fall in UK (following US A) we might be able to get aproperty where I could go back to an equine role self employed,probably livery until I'm used to working physically again :ermm: Seems really mercenary being amoung the only group o people in the Western orld for whom the economy problems might have a plus side :ermm:

lulu, why don't you say you are the boss of a small family-owned company? ;o))

I work in a Lab, we search for veterinary diseases with PCR.
Lots of blood, lots of scheisse and lots of body parts from mostly farm animals ;)

So interesting to learn more about you all....... I am an independent contractor, working in film/commercials or in construction as a coordinator. Basically, I keep very detailed lists, rally folks together, and keep egotistical heads inflated.... and I am not on a job right now, so am pretty stressed. Ok - grouchy is more like it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom