Your kids driving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buck

DC's Angel
Every parent worries about his kids when they're driving.

Imagine how I felt when I got an email from my oldest telling me he was clocked at 173mph!

Here's a picture of him getting into the car.

Here's a quote from his email:

"This was one of the coolest things I've ever done. The heat, the noise, the g's. It was almost surreal. The only problem is, I WANT MORE!!!! Turns 3 and 4 seemed to go on forever. The track is banked at 33 degrees and believe me, you feel like you are 90 degrees to the ground. There is something totally counterintuitive about driving toward a wall at 170 miles per hour. I subconciously tried to lift on the throttle the first two times through 3 and 4. My instructor pushed my right knee burying the throttle:) I figured well, if he thinks this thing will hold than who am I to doubt him??? So for the next four laps I kept the pedal to the metal. All you can hear is a screaming engine. It is hot. You are strapped in so tight you almost can't breath. It is very closterphobic. And I still want more!!! Lol."

My son (26) would love to have a chance at that - he use to pop wheelie's
on his big wheel and tractor, when he was 4 - now he enjoys drag racing. Loves speed. He a four wheel lover too - not the same, I'm sure, but he loves it !! Nice pic !

Oh boy,
Shades of my youngest speed demon:LOL: That's what gave me white hair:LOL: am I glad those good ol days are gone:LOL:

kadesma

My son did that too--in Orlando, I think. He was working at WalMart as the service manager when his department won some kind of competition, and race car school was the prize.

There was a news article recently that reported someone
clocked at 172 MPH... on a public road!

Balls of steel, brain of nothing!

WOW! Although sometimes I think my daughter hits that speed pulling in the driveway.

I was going to do that a few years ago. I think ATCO in Jersey offers it. Good for him! You only live once.

Back
Top Bottom