Your Leaves.. You pick em up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bag those leaves up and bring them to me. I have chickens, and I put all the leaves I can get into their chicken yard in the fall. They scratch them up and poop on them, and by spring I have all the lovely rich compost I need. The leaves also keep their feet from getting so muddy in our wet winters, and that keeps the eggs cleaner.

sattie:

I like the palms, no work! But my cousin in Arizona calls them "blankety blank" water sucking weeds! Can't please everybody I guess. He can keep his ****** catcus. So there!

:) Or you could look at it this way if you enjoy the trees and like looking at them even when they are not on your property maybe you should go ahead and rake them. I mean what if they cut down all their trees would you like it better that way or would you miss them? To bad their not nut trees then at least you could keep the nuts.

Speaking of trees and neighbors. Don’t want to start new thread, maybe you guys can help me here. So I have this neighbors, we have an ok relation. Not close by any means, but always nicely say hi how are you to each other. So the last storm we had one of his trees got hit and it is now, even though it is still growing, it is growing at the huge angle. Lucky him it is away from his house, not so lucky me, if it falls, and it will fall eventually, it will ruin couple of my trees, because my trees are much smaller and his is pretty big. I don’t know what to do. He obviously doesn’t have money to remove it.

I do not know about Minnesota Charlie, but my understanding in MA is that if it is over your property line then you are the one responsible for that part of the tree, so if you want something done so it does not damage your other trees then it is up to you. If it were me, I would talk with the neighbor and see if you can split the cost or if he could even contribute some if not 50%. I know if a neighbor came to me like that then I would want to help regardless of whose legal responsibility it is.

Bag those leaves up and bring them to me. I have chickens, and I put all the leaves I can get into their chicken yard in the fall. They scratch them up and poop on them, and by spring I have all the lovely rich compost I need. The leaves also keep their feet from getting so muddy in our wet winters, and that keeps the eggs cleaner.
Gray squirrels in my area are quite busy now gathering leaves for their nests. They have one heck of a job gathering and carrying 4 -6 leaves at a time up to their nests. Leaves also seem to be of benefit in providing winter protection to some low growing plants. Being a glass half full type, I consider leaves to be more of a blessing than a curse.

You should have him check with his insurance company because the base of the tree in on his property and if it causes damage on your property it should be his liability. The over-hanging branch theory shouldn't really apply here like it does to leaves and fruit, but check with your lawyer to be sure. Trust me, it's worth a few bucks to make sure. Every state is different. If it is his responsability, for sure, for sure don't be bashful!!! It's your home that is in danger.

You should have him check with his insurance company because the base of the tree in on his property and if it causes damage on your property it should be his liability. The over-hanging branch theory shouldn't really apply here like it does to leaves and fruit, but check with your lawyer to be sure. Trust me, it's worth a few bucks to make sure. Every state is different. If it is his responsability, for sure, for sure don't be bashful!!! It's your home that is in danger.

Hmmm, I say you go to a junkyard, pick up a wrecked sports car and park it underneath the tree's line of fall, under a tarp. Go out there every now and then like you are restoring it and pray for an ice storm to speed things along :rolleyes: Don't call the insurance co until you have to. :angel:
:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom