your most-appreciated recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
what do your family/friends love that you cook the most? or what do those that you know cook that is reall tasty and that people love?
my family loves my curried chicken salad. they get so excited when i make a batch. it's not like the usual curried chicken salad at all but it's sooooooo good.
and my grilled cheeses, of all things. my friends used to beg me to make grilled cheeses when we hung out at my houses and they said i made the best ones possible. i know why they're so yummy, too, but i didn't say why to them.....:-p

then there's my Mom's potato salad. people love it. but my Dad doesn't like it!

and my Aunt's creamy potatoes. we love those. she or someone else brings a dish or 2 of those to almost any family function we have. they're a staple.

what do you or someone you know cook that people love?

My brother always requests my salsa. At work my coworkers like my Dutch apple pie, cherry dream squares, dessert, sugar cookies, and chocolate chip cookies. They also like me to bring my jambalaya, sweet and sour meatballs, and Chinese chicken salad to potlucks. My mom loves my macaroni salad. Dad likes any type of cookies but mostly chocolate chip. For appetizers I get the most requests for Mexican layered bean dip and Thai shrimp skewers. Although after the last Super Bowl it maybe jkath's JD's Kielbasa.:)

i love kielbasa, sierra. can i have the recipe? and those cherry dream squares sound really, really good.... i'm not big on those sweets but those just sound so yummy. i'd like to make a batch.:)

luvs_food said:
i love kielbasa, sierra. can i have the recipe? and those cherry dream squares sound really, really good.... i'm not big on those sweets but those just sound so yummy. i'd like to make a batch.:)

:) Luvs the cherry dream bars are perfectly wonderful! Paul loves them. I've made them 4 times now and he still wants more.:)

People LOVE my clam chowder
and everyone always wants Paulie to make
his baklava.:chef:

It sort of goes through phases with my cooking. That's probably in part because I like to try new things more than I'm willing to repeat dishes a lot. Some of the oldies but goodies are my apple pie and cheesecake, my clam chowder and pasta e fagiole soup, chocolate cherry chunk cookies, and any of my scones.

PA Baker said:
It sort of goes through phases with my cooking. That's probably in part because I like to try new things more than I'm willing to repeat dishes a lot. Some of the oldies but goodies are my apple pie and cheesecake, my clam chowder and pasta e fagiole soup, chocolate cherry chunk cookies, and any of my scones.

PA, i love cheesecake and clam chowder (do you make the new england or the manhattan chowder? they're both really good.) pasta e fagiole is delicious.

luvs_food said:
PA, i love cheesecake and clam chowder (do you make the new england or the manhattan chowder? they're both really good.) pasta e fagiole is delicious.

Hubby likes the New England. I'm not a big clam fan so I usually make a big batch for him and freeze it in portions so it lasts through the winter.

I like to try all types of new things and myfamily gets to play test the recipe:LOL: But there are several things that are always at our family gatherings

1-my dad's avocado dip and french bread or foccacia
2-Noni's (m-i-l) stuffed onions and zucchini
3- Rice torta
4-antipasto tray, with Italian meats and cheeses,peppers,olives,
5-homemade foccacia
6- at Christmas or a birthday my rotolo bread..
That's about it, I'm sure I've forgotten something, but, I'll think of it tonight about 4a.m.:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

My cheesecake tops the, "Gotta have that recipe!", list with olive salad running a close second.

well the bf's family always ask me to bring the sweet potatoes on thanksgiving.
my dad always asks me to bring deviled eggs on easter, thanksgiving AND christmas.
he always asks me to make my chicken and rice for him too.

Back
Top Bottom