"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-27-2005, 01:24 AM   #1
Master Chef

your most-appreciated recipe?

what do your family/friends love that you cook the most? or what do those that you know cook that is reall tasty and that people love?
my family loves my curried chicken salad. they get so excited when i make a batch. it's not like the usual curried chicken salad at all but it's sooooooo good.
and my grilled cheeses, of all things. my friends used to beg me to make grilled cheeses when we hung out at my houses and they said i made the best ones possible. i know why they're so yummy, too, but i didn't say why to them.....

then there's my Mom's potato salad. people love it. but my Dad doesn't like it!

and my Aunt's creamy potatoes. we love those. she or someone else brings a dish or 2 of those to almost any family function we have. they're a staple.

what do you or someone you know cook that people love?

Old 07-27-2005, 01:40 AM   #2
Master Chef

Smile

My brother always requests my salsa. At work my coworkers like my Dutch apple pie, cherry dream squares, dessert, sugar cookies, and chocolate chip cookies. They also like me to bring my jambalaya, sweet and sour meatballs, and Chinese chicken salad to potlucks. My mom loves my macaroni salad. Dad likes any type of cookies but mostly chocolate chip. For appetizers I get the most requests for Mexican layered bean dip and Thai shrimp skewers. Although after the last Super Bowl it maybe jkath's JD's Kielbasa.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:52 AM   #3
Master Chef

i love kielbasa, sierra. can i have the recipe? and those cherry dream squares sound really, really good.... i'm not big on those sweets but those just sound so yummy. i'd like to make a batch.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:59 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_food
i love kielbasa, sierra. can i have the recipe? and those cherry dream squares sound really, really good.... i'm not big on those sweets but those just sound so yummy. i'd like to make a batch.

Luvs the cherry dream bars are perfectly wonderful! Paul loves them. I've made them 4 times now and he still wants more.

People LOVE my clam chowder
and everyone always wants Paulie to make
his baklava.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:28 AM   #5
Master Chef

It sort of goes through phases with my cooking. That's probably in part because I like to try new things more than I'm willing to repeat dishes a lot. Some of the oldies but goodies are my apple pie and cheesecake, my clam chowder and pasta e fagiole soup, chocolate cherry chunk cookies, and any of my scones.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:48 AM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA Baker
It sort of goes through phases with my cooking. That's probably in part because I like to try new things more than I'm willing to repeat dishes a lot. Some of the oldies but goodies are my apple pie and cheesecake, my clam chowder and pasta e fagiole soup, chocolate cherry chunk cookies, and any of my scones.
PA, i love cheesecake and clam chowder (do you make the new england or the manhattan chowder? they're both really good.) pasta e fagiole is delicious.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:09 AM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
When people taste my Spicy Red Fish Stew they have to have the recipe.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:09 AM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs_food
PA, i love cheesecake and clam chowder (do you make the new england or the manhattan chowder? they're both really good.) pasta e fagiole is delicious.
Hubby likes the New England. I'm not a big clam fan so I usually make a big batch for him and freeze it in portions so it lasts through the winter.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:10 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

I like to try all types of new things and myfamily gets to play test the recipe But there are several things that are always at our family gatherings

1-my dad's avocado dip and french bread or foccacia
2-Noni's (m-i-l) stuffed onions and zucchini
3- Rice torta
4-antipasto tray, with Italian meats and cheeses,peppers,olives,
5-homemade foccacia
6- at Christmas or a birthday my rotolo bread..
That's about it, I'm sure I've forgotten something, but, I'll think of it tonight about 4a.m.
kadesma
Old 07-27-2005, 04:23 PM   #10
Head Chef

The recipe that my grandma gave me for her home-made chicken and noodles about 2 years before she passed away.

- WOODROW WILSON
tweedee is offline   Reply With Quote