Your next CD purchase?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Z

Head Chef
What's on the horizon that you're looking forward to?

Here's mine... just pre-ordered this, which will be released on 4/25:

228M_682867_200.gif

This is a dualCD, with 15 songs of Audio only content on one side and DVD content on the flipside (all for only 13 bucks). How cool is THAT?

Anyways... I had posted a link to one of the videos. If you're interested, here is a link to another video from the Seeger Sessions. ("Oh, Mary Don't You")

"bob"

This band named "bob" was playing at the weekend market last week. It was '90s grunge and not bad. Mostly, I want to say I have a CD named 'bob.'

I'm waiting for Def Leppard's new one, Yeah!, due out next month. I already have my tickets for their concert in Phoenix in August!!!

The Z said:
Building up your 'hits' archive, huh?

LOL! Yeppers. Next on my list is The Bee Gee's "Nights on Broadway" and "Greatest Hits". I also want to pick up some of the albums I remember from my younger days, Manfred Mann and his Earth Band, The Monkey's, Earth, Wind & Fire, Black Sabbath, The Mamma's and the Pappa's, "Makin' it" by David Naughton, The soundtrack to Hair. :mrgreen:

Somehow Vinyl dosen't transfer too well to MP3 :mrgreen:

Shunka>> Thanks for the heads up on the new Leppard disc, I'll keep an eye out for them. So far I have everything they've released on CD.

The only other groups for which I have everything they've made is Pink Floyd and Boston.

~ Raven ~

Last edited:
Raven, it is due out on May 23rd. It is a covers album of the music that influenced them. I heard a couple of the songs on their last concert in Phoenix last June, Rock On and No Matter What. Last year Brian Adams toured with them; this year Journey is with them. Def Leppard is closing on all the nights they are playing. Let me know if you would like the link to their official site. VH1 is doing an honors show for them, KISS, Queen and others on May 31st. I also have all of their CDs and DVDs. In fact I have the Historia/In The Round DVD on now.
img_259475_0_8e6ddb9f4c9eb9f22ff3644fdde0da05.gif

Last edited:
Raven -

Might I suggest a little Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons for your collection?
Many of the songs on this album are classic, even if you don't recognize them all by name.

(I gotta admit it's something of a 'guilty pleasure' for me. I used to listen to these guys constantly on my 8-track as I was cruisin' in my '69 Malibu... and... oh yeah the soundtrack to American Graffiti ... Simpler times, to be sure)

Z

Last edited:
I am lucky in that I don't have to buy cds. Hubby is a program director of a radio station and he knows what I like, he gets an extra cd for me whenever something I want comes in. Having said that, however, I usually listen to NPR instead of music.

He did snag for me the latest Morrissey cd, Ringleader of the Tormentors which I think is just GREAT - I am a huge Morrissey fan (much to his chagrin).

Back
Top Bottom