Your opinions on laundry detergent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a memorable quote from high school chemistry class (yes, i was awake. and yes, i remember something from h.s. chemistry :cool:) was, "they're in the business of selling soap, so of course they tell you to use more than you need."

actually, if i remember my teacher correctly, there is a point at which you inhibit the cleaning action of the chemical compounds in the soap by adding too much.

I'm a Tide girl too. I tend to use quite a bit less than it suggests though. When I worked in retail, the P&G salesman used to tell us that you only need about a 1/4 of the soap that they suggest you use. (Which accounts for many allergic reactions) So...I hardly use any detergent at all. I DO use OxiClean to boost whites, or bleach sometimes, and I also like the new dual action Spray and Wash stain remover thingy.
:)Tide for me I also use less than reccommended and I love Shout it works great on greasy chef coats I would spray the coat as soon as I took it off and and washed them when I got ready a few days later.It works great on blood as Dh is a hunting guide.Shout works because of the protein eating enzymes it contains.Dish washer soap also has those enzymes

I'm a Tide girl unless it's the weekend, two days before payday and we are completely out, then I buy whatever is cheapest, wash only what is necessary and wait to do the rest when I can buy the Tide.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom