Your profile name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bourbon

Senior Cook
So what does your profile name mean or come from ? Mine has always been a derivative of word suburban on all the forums I go to. It comes from the fact that I've owned and driven suburbans since before they were fashionable.

My name is significant because it indicates my real identity. I am Dorothy's Auntie Em (Andy M.).

Most people don't realize that the Wizard of Oz is a true story, fictionalized for the movie. The real Andy M. from the story was turned into a female for the movie and the name was modified to accommodate the gender change.

The real story is about a young girl who was lost in a tornado in the dust bowl in the 30s. She was missing for some time and the family was beginning to think they would never see her again.

Many months later she reappeared as a changed person. Upon investigation, the police found she had actually run off to California and was making her way selling illegal substances to the Hollywood set.

Several months into this new endeavor she got tired of the wicked life she was leading and headed home. She arrived at the farm late one night and walked into Andy M.'s room and tried to awaken him, by calling out, "Andy M., Andy M.", while pulling his leg....

...just like I'm pulling yours right now.

Hoot is my real nickname. Dang near everyone calls me Hoot.
Most of my wife's family likely don't even know that my real name is John.
Last name is Gibson and many members of my family (and I suspect Gibson families all over America) have been tagged Hoot.
There was a very popular rodeo champion and cowboy movie star from the '20's - the '40's named Hoot Gibson.
And like the late , great Paul Harvey used to say.."and that's the rest of the story."

My name is significant because it indicates my real identity. I am Dorothy's Auntie Em (Andy M.).

Most people don't realize that the Wizard of Oz is a true story, fictionalized for the movie. The real Andy M. from the story was turned into a female for the movie and the name was modified to accommodate the gender change.

The real story is about a young girl who was lost in a tornado in the dust bowl in the 30s. She was missing for some time and the family was beginning to think they would never see her again.

Many months later she reappeared as a changed person. Upon investigation, the police found she had actually run off to California and was making her way selling illegal substances to the Hollywood set.

Several months into this new endeavor she got tired of the wicked life she was leading and headed home. She arrived at the farm late one night and walked into Andy M.'s room and tried to awaken him, by calling out, "Andy M., Andy M.", while pulling his leg....

...just like I'm pulling yours right now.

:ROFLMAO:

...and I live in my kitchen and I'm an elf. For real though...I pretty much stay in the kitchen and I'm 5' tall...which is what I said first, I guess. :rolleyes:

Mine is a combination of my love for autumn and the abundance of orchards, mostly apple, around where I live. :)

Ermmmmmmm well..........I knew I should of stayed out of this thread :LOL:

My name's John but people always call me Jonny and I'm so good they named me twice :ROFLMAO: Oh and to avoid the confusion of my "where do you live" I added UK :)

Ok I knew I should've stayed out :-p

My name is just a native marsupial here. I wanted something that identified me as Australian as I was on a foreign website. It is now the name I use on most sites, sometimes with WA tagged on.

Never figured that some people would assume it was meant to say Billy or something and think I was a bloke!!

And no, I don't have a big nose nor big ears!

Me, my kids call me Ma thanks to my grandson Cade. so you can guess where this is going..I didn't want to spell out his name the right way so I used Kades Ma and that is how I became kadesma..Believe it or not some of his friends parents call me ma like the kids do:LOL: and I love it.
kades

mine comes from mary the mother of jesus a woman i admire and love so much.

Max Sutton

"Max Sutton" is a main character on a Canadian TV series called "Wind At My Back" that takes place during the Great Depression. Max is a teacher and helps the unemployed people who come to this small town in Canada. I admire this character and use his name .
:chef: Max Sutton

Back
Top Bottom