"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #1
Master Chef

Your Saturday.....

my Mom was here early (7:30) & we went to get my brows waxed, then to lunch & for a new notebook. (new cycle at school tuesday!) she cleaned & scrubbed my place since she arrived! she loves to clean!

Old 05-15-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Everymom

Um...its Friday today luvs. Do you want today or tomorrows plans?

Old 05-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
Master Chef

I'm doing two things tomorrow (Sat):

-continue working on my block wall/concrete steps/wooden gate back yard project

-smoking some tri-tips on my new, el cheapo Brinkmann smoker
Old 05-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
Chief Eating Officer

Saturday I am going to start the day by playing with my son while my wife takes my daughter to dance class. Then I will work in the garden a bit and maybe go out and buy plants if I have enough time. My parents will then come to pick up the kids to take for a sleepover at their place so DW and I can have a date night. We are doing dinner and a movie. We will either see Star Trek or Angels and Demons. We originally were going to go to this tapas place I have been wanting to check out, but we may find someplace less expensive instead.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Um...its Friday today luvs. Do you want today or tomorrows plans?

i'm a scatterbrain, sorry, alix. i'm not in school today & Mom vacationed from work, so i said saturday instead of friday. either day, it's interesting to see your plans, guys!
Old 05-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Today (friday) I have Carson and we are playing and having fun...His mom and brother will be here after school and have dinner, homemade pizza's, salad and ice cream.
Tomorrow shopping for Ma's Sunday dinner, tri tip, rottini,cream, sauteed mushrooms (3 types) fruit platter, green salad and Italian bread with butter garlic and topped with 2 cheeses..Dessert beats me I'll think of something maybe ice cream sammies.
kadesma
Old 05-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Early in the morning I will be in the garden...Gotta prune and tie d'mators.....Run the tiller in a few spots..Plant a "Cowhorn" hot pepper plant....Drop the cultivators, hook up the planters and plant 6 or 8 rows of pink-eye purple hull peas...drop the planters....hook up the bush hog...start bush hogging....In the heat of the day I'll be on the side porch doing some paint prep...Eat lunch....(a big fat juicy hamburger)...Make slaw (for supper)....rest...work in the shop....bush hog some more....clean up...set on the patio and drink a little bourbon (Maybe Cold Beer) while I fry up a mess of Catfish, hush puppies, tators etc....Eat some Chocolate Ice Cream...Collapse in da bed!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
Senior Cook

Smile

Hi Luvs

Saturday for me will be grocery day. My cupboards are bare. OK, not bare but nothing to eat. When we run out of eggs, bread, milk and coffee (barely enouh for tomorrow), then that puts a real damper on breakfast. Maybe me and dh will go out to breakfast at our fav greasy spoon, Mama's Daughter's Diner, then go shopping.

Otherwise, not a lot, it's supposed to be cloudy and rainy so not a great day to open the pool. I think I'll read!!

I hope you have a great weekend!! Is school out?
Old 05-15-2009, 10:42 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

gotta figure out how the gadget if bought to dispense food for veggies works. and then do it.l depending on time, i may do test run of giant cupcake cake. other that that, have to clue.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #10
Everymom

OK, Friday was stay home with Ken all day, then have one extra kiddo at dinner and take a different one to ball tournament.

Tomorrow will be off to dance class, shop (groceries), pick up from dance class, eat lunch, take other daughter to ball tournament and stay there through dinner and later. Hope the weather cooperates!