"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-19-2006, 11:59 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

rjx, why the back and leg pain?

and yes, let's go mets!

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:42 PM   #12
Assistant Cook

My spine doesn't have the curves that a "normal" spine should have. Mine is mostly straight. And at the very bottom of my spine a few disks are pretty much stacked on each other which is pinching my nerves in my lower back and down my right leg.

I am working at getting it corrected, well mostly corrected (hopefully). I just need to wait for my insurance to kick in. The pain in my back I can handle, its the pain in my leg which gets to me.

Old 10-19-2006, 01:01 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Today has not been so good for me :(
another Forum I`ve been a member of for over 3 years now as staff, and have over 10,900+ posts on, has had it`s domain name expire and been bought up by someone else :(
we had a userbase of thousands also, sadly the site Owner (last year of his PHD to become a medical Doctor) is probably unaware of this due to his studies.

it doesn`t look good for us :(

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:15 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

invite them all here yt!

tell them it's a science web site. cooking, after all, is chemistry in action.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:59 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Hair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs
reading escoffier, discusscooking, working towards my demi-glace, have an appointment later, then probably cooking dinner.
you?
Sometime ago luvs, you were having problems with hair dye. Did you ever get it right? Hope so.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:22 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
invite them all here yt!

tell them it's a science web site. cooking, after all, is chemistry in action.
LOL you`re Not far of the nail there, I have actualy mentioned this place a few times in our IRC chatroom, there`s a good few enthusiastic cooks there

sadly us Chemists where a minority there on a head count, although we did have a disproportionate thread and post count per day !

oh ****, I`m talking Past Tense already

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:12 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Since yesterday was my regular vittles and supplies shopping day, a large part of today was spent packaging and preparing much of what I bought.

I simmered a whole chicken (for cooked shredded meat and stock) and I also have a crockpot full of chopped apples on their way to becoming applesauce. The smell of the simmering chicken and apples is just about to kill me.

I just finished reducing the chicken stock and will strain and put it in containers for the freezer. I can't remember when we last bought commercial chicken broth in our house. Homemade is so much better.

Actually, same with applesauce.

Rainy and chilly here today, too. Should've done some cleaning but my bad knee is screaming at me and I know to stay off it when that happens, so I'm doing "chair" things for the rest of the afternoon.

Supper'll be a beef and spinach casserole with chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies for dessert. Made the cookies on Saturday and I'm surprised there are some left this late in the week. If we still had children in the house, you can bet they'd have been gone by Sunday night. Isn't interesting what food vacuums children, especially teenagers, can be?
Old 10-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #18
Head Chef

Made me laugh, Buckytom. Guess I should re-read some of my posts.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:26 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Today I woke up a baked 3 cakes to take to a reception tonight. Then I enjoyed hanging out with the kids for a while. Callum is down for a nap now and I can hear Aidan yelling outside with his dad. "NOOOO" I can hear him through the baby moniter in Callum's room, he's bound to wake up. I'm gonna try a clean the house up a bit and gotta shower. Tonight is my big performance with a reception afterwards. Late night. Driving home when it's dark out and not many cars, I love that.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:20 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Worked from 6:45 (or so..) till just after 2pm. Stopped for a quick errand. Made an apple caramel cake which is in the oven now.... Shortly, I have a bit of house tidying to do, shower, and then it's officially cocktail time. Lou should get here by 7pm.

The rain has stopped, and it's gotten quite chilly and breezy here. I'm thinking a dip in the hot tub tonight after a walk down to the river will be nice.