Your today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
reading escoffier, discusscooking, working towards my demi-glace, have an appointment later, then probably cooking dinner.
you?

Made lunch for hubby, discusscooking and email,clean cat litter box,vac the floors and dust,make cookies for deer camp,finish cleaning out motorhome and ready it for winter.Make supper. Think we will have stuffed shells and cheesy garlic bread.Strawberry shake for desert.

Took DH to the golf course,(we're a one car couple) and had blood drawn. Then to the grocery store, some computer time, then I have to get some ironing done.

Dinner is a rhubarb jam glazed pork tenderloin with squash and a salad on the side.

Also would like to get a walk in, but the humidity is terrible out there today. May still try a shorter than usual one.

should be getting to school, 'cept my mirepoix is cooking & so are lentils. may see if attending later classes tonite is optional.

lyndalou said:
Took DH to the golf course,(we're a one car couple) and had blood drawn.

man, those are some tough links! do they perform outpatient surgery on the back nine? :)

today is woik, woik, woik for me. what else is new.

been in since 11pm last night, working 'till 3p. if it's not raining when i get home, gonna cut the lawn, hopefully for the last time this year.

This morning, the animal physio came for my mother's old dog, and stayed to do a session with one of my cats, so I helped hold animals...that lasted 3 and a half hours! Housework then DCing and e-chatting to husband while sorting out bills etc.

Our lawn is STILL growing too.....will it ever stop? Can't cut it as it is too wet, and our hens are grumpy because they have to choose between sitting in their run or getting their feathery trousers wet. And they got chased by children at the weekend and have stopped laying.

It's a gray day, 42 degrees and drizzling rain. I don't have anywhere I have to go, and won't have to fix supper, as Kim is going out of town to watch grandaughter's volley ball game.
I'm all snuggled up in my rocking chair under a snuggly afghan with my laptop, and I don't plan on moving too much today, except for a nap after lunch (split-pea soup with carrots, ham and potatoes).

Cleaning the bathroom and living room.
Making a dr. appt.
Going to get my new bowling ball drilled.
Picking kid up from school.
Making dinner.
Go bowling.
Come home and going to bed !

Well today I will be experiencing nonstop lower back and leg pain. Eat coldstone ice cream, left over round table pizza. I might go cookbook shopping at local thrift stores. I nee to go to the bank, dunno if that will happen. I need to go to the supermarket to get cake flour so I can bake Madeleine's.

I will be watching game 7 of the National League playoffs. Go Mets!

:chef:

Cold and rainy here. I am fixing a B'Day dinner for my niece so I will be busy today. Tomorrow will be a day for fun and games.

later

My spine doesn't have the curves that a "normal" spine should have. Mine is mostly straight. And at the very bottom of my spine a few disks are pretty much stacked on each other which is pinching my nerves in my lower back and down my right leg.

I am working at getting it corrected, well mostly corrected (hopefully). I just need to wait for my insurance to kick in. The pain in my back I can handle, its the pain in my leg which gets to me.

:chef:

Today has not been so good for me :(
another Forum I`ve been a member of for over 3 years now as staff, and have over 10,900+ posts on, has had it`s domain name expire and been bought up by someone else :(
we had a userbase of thousands also, sadly the site Owner (last year of his PHD to become a medical Doctor) is probably unaware of this due to his studies.

it doesn`t look good for us :(

invite them all here yt!

tell them it's a science web site. cooking, after all, is chemistry in action.

Hair?

luvs said:
reading escoffier, discusscooking, working towards my demi-glace, have an appointment later, then probably cooking dinner.
you?

Sometime ago luvs, you were having problems with hair dye. Did you ever get it right? Hope so.

buckytom said:
invite them all here yt!

tell them it's a science web site. cooking, after all, is chemistry in action.

LOL :LOL: you`re Not far of the nail there, I have actualy mentioned this place a few times in our IRC chatroom, there`s a good few enthusiastic cooks there :)

sadly us Chemists where a minority there on a head count, although we did have a disproportionate thread and post count per day !

oh ****, I`m talking Past Tense already :(

Since yesterday was my regular vittles and supplies shopping day, a large part of today was spent packaging and preparing much of what I bought.

I simmered a whole chicken (for cooked shredded meat and stock) and I also have a crockpot full of chopped apples on their way to becoming applesauce. The smell of the simmering chicken and apples is just about to kill me.

I just finished reducing the chicken stock and will strain and put it in containers for the freezer. I can't remember when we last bought commercial chicken broth in our house. Homemade is so much better.

Actually, same with applesauce.

Rainy and chilly here today, too. Should've done some cleaning but my bad knee is screaming at me and I know to stay off it when that happens, so I'm doing "chair" things for the rest of the afternoon.

Supper'll be a beef and spinach casserole with chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies for dessert. Made the cookies on Saturday and I'm surprised there are some left this late in the week. If we still had children in the house, you can bet they'd have been gone by Sunday night. Isn't interesting what food vacuums children, especially teenagers, can be?:)

Today I woke up a baked 3 cakes to take to a reception tonight. Then I enjoyed hanging out with the kids for a while. Callum is down for a nap now and I can hear Aidan yelling outside with his dad. "NOOOO" I can hear him through the baby moniter in Callum's room, he's bound to wake up. I'm gonna try a clean the house up a bit and gotta shower. Tonight is my big performance with a reception afterwards. Late night. Driving home when it's dark out and not many cars, I love that.

Worked from 6:45 (or so..) till just after 2pm. Stopped for a quick errand. Made an apple caramel cake which is in the oven now.... Shortly, I have a bit of house tidying to do, shower, and then it's officially cocktail time. Lou should get here by 7pm.

The rain has stopped, and it's gotten quite chilly and breezy here. I'm thinking a dip in the hot tub tonight after a walk down to the river will be nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom