"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-02-2007, 06:05 PM   #11
Head Chef

I got up around 9AM and I have busy cleaning the house. Did some laundry and fed and played with Jolie.

As for the rest of the day I like playing on the internet.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM   #12
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Went shopping with girlfriend 0f 45 yrs. looked on here for a bit, straightened up ,bbq burgers and made sweet corn, having a beer now and visiting on here again. Easy enjoyable day.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #13
Master Chef

Kadesma, Maggie was the name of my beloved old furry dog. I didn't take her until she had a heart attack and was in pain. Nothing is truer than the love of your dog.

I've had a wonderful day. Got up at 7:00 AM feeling good, and did a little straightening up around the house. It started raining about 11:00, and as my decorator was working on outside doors, he came in and started hanging things up on the dining room walls. We're using a lot of the same stuff, just not as much of it, and grouping things differently.

I was actually able to make it down to the basement and over to the shop, where I have a lot of things stored. I haven't had the strength to do that in a long time. Thanks to those of you who have had me in your thoughts. It seems as if I've been touched by a miracle! It's hard to believe that just 8 days ago I was weak as a kitten and having seizures.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:36 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance
Kadesma, Maggie was the name of my beloved old furry dog. I didn't take her until she had a heart attack and was in pain. Nothing is truer than the love of your dog.

I've had a wonderful day. Got up at 7:00 AM feeling good, and did a little straightening up around the house. It started raining about 11:00, and as my decorator was working on outside doors, he came in and started hanging things up on the dining room walls. We're using a lot of the same stuff, just not as much of it, and grouping things differently.

I was actually able to make it down to the basement and over to the shop, where I have a lot of things stored. I haven't had the strength to do that in a long time. Thanks to those of you who have had me in your thoughts. It seems as if I've been touched by a miracle! It's hard to believe that just 8 days ago I was weak as a kitten and having seizures.
Constance, I am so glad to hear you are doing so well. Thank you for brightening my day!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:08 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constance

Connie,
I remember you telling me about your Maggie. My little one is so tiny now..So far she isn't hurting, just very weak and well I suppose you could say she has dementia, Still sweet, but walks in circles not sure in her mind what she wants to do..But, I'll hang in there with her.
Connie, I'm so happy to hear how far you've come already. It just makes my heart happy..Doesn't it feel good to get up and go outside and move about without discomfort? How wonderful for you and Kim..Bless his heart for taking such good care of you.

kadesma
Old 05-02-2007, 07:44 PM   #16
Master Chef

kads, just rest & hold yor doxie. you & your baby deserve that. guy needs his Mommy, & Mommy needs to hold her kiddo. you work so beautifually at cooking, kads, 'cept you just hold that pup & hug him & love him, both of you deserve love.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:50 PM   #17
Head Chef

Today. I took care of my 13 month old and planned and cooked dinner. I also had to go to the market twice. I forgot something the first time. They know me well there "lol". Today was tough because for the first time in a long time, my daughter didn't really nap. That meant no break for me and a daughter crying at the drop of a hat at things. I have been planning and cooking up a storm lately. Tonight I made a homemade very easy to make spinache quiche and cooked up some buffalo wings with a homemade sauce my brother taught me. It was oh so yummmmmmmmmmmmmy. Other than that, poked around on this site.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:39 PM   #18
Master Chef

sleep tight, guys. my eyes got tired so i'm looking to sleep.
-yours, luvs
Old 05-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Today? Whoo! Tiring. Happens every two weeks here.

Up early. On the road by 9 or 9:30 a.m. to drive almost 30 miles to the nearest big city. Read that 20,000 people. We live in a VERY rural area.

My day was spent shopping for our needs: food, beverages (adult, too), pet supplies, fabric, gasoline, library, thrift stores, hardware/home center, gardening/plants, cooking implements, gift/decor items, birthday/anniversary/greeting cards, etc. Just name something. The only things we can get in our little town are the BARE essentials.

Our little grocery store doesn't carry fresh parsley and most of the time fresh mushrooms. I called one day and asked for the availibility of dried split peas and the answer was, "What are those?"

Today, when it was all said and done, I'd made 22 stops, which is about average. There've been times when I have made more stops.

I'm tired, but I had a good day and Buck made an awesome dinner. When I do my Wednesday shopping trips, he's in charge of dinner. He's a keeper.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:09 AM   #20
Master Chef

brows getting yanked today. failed to attend to my brows yesterday. 'twas kinda not 'bout brow-pullins.
i'm tired. looking to sleep till later.
spin spa atttachment lost a few prongs.
dagnabbit.
my today is kinda empty. maybe i'll get books.
another corned beef sammich, though, double mustard. delicious.