your today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i'm slow-cooking dinner, trying my new spin spa:rolleyes:, getting a light lunch at a corned beef place, cleaning, attending to queen charlotte & king tig (my felines. they own me. they rule me & jake.) discusscooking. polishing my doc martens & getting my eyebrows waxed.
you?

Last edited:
up early, teaching HS kids all day, coaching weightlifting, gettin home making ham n turnip greens over spicey couscous tonight. so I catch DC between classes! gotta go...........

Grocery shopping, post office, taking my three-year old to the playground, lunch at Friendly's (tuna melts and chocolate shakes), folding laundry (hate it- would rather hang everything), making Mexican for dinner, photographing some artwork, and after DH comes home at 7pm, working for a few hours in my studio.

Gardening., DCing.
Friends over for cuppa.
Dinner chicken in lemon/ginger sauce over rice with cabbage and carrots through it.
Reading etc etc.:)

Messing around online for a bit. Then taking daughter to dance competition out of town, drive home, scarf some leftovers for dinner and take one daughter to ball practice and the other to her first game of the season. Pray it doesn't freeze us solid!

Two term papers (finishing one, writing another from start to end), some pilates, Developmental Psych for my last class before the final, and then MAYBE some time to relax. And also browsing around DC and my other forums when I need a break. :)

I awoke to a very warm house this morning with inside temp @ 79F. The high temp yesterday was about 85F which kept our house warm all night even with whole house ventilation and windows open.

Busy day at work so far but now I am enjoying lunch. Our Faculty/Staff dining room Chef put out a nice end of school year special luncheon for $6.99. It includes a choice of Grilled Rib eye Steak with Onion Rings or Grilled Salmon W/Orange Ginger Glaze served with: Stuffed Potato Cups, Fresh Steamed Asparagus W/Hollandaise Sauce, Caesar Salad, Double Chocolate Cake W/Fresh Raspberries, Roll & Beverage.

When I return home I get to mow the lawn while my wife prepares vegetable lasagna. I may also have to truck along to the market for some Italian bread because I forgot to start a loaf in the bread machine this morning.

Went up to the cemetery this morning, it was mom and dads anniversary yesterday and my dads birthday today.
Took some used books and tapes to St. Vincent De Pauls.
Got a few grocerys.
Had lunch.
Took forever to write out the bills and balance the checkbook.:wacko:
Thought I would take another walk but then I came in here to check on you guys.:rolleyes:
Well the day is half over, lets see what else I can get into.:-p

spent half the night last night holding Maggie my doxie..She is in bad shape and vet says to just keep her comfortable..She refused to eat and only wanted to sit on my lap, so I sat by the bed and just held her til she'd had enough..I know the time is close, but, keep dragging my feet. She has no pain and tries to follow me where ever I go as she always has...Then at six, back aching, head hurting, I got up and started breakfast for the boys and Livi and their mom's..From there I alternated holding Livi, or Carson, breaking up tugs of war over toys or sippy cups, got them a snack, changed 2 diapers each kid, started lunch, fed Maggie again, feed the kids, now all three are napping and lord knows for how long..so here i is folks, and I think my eyes are beginning to cross I'm so pooped..Is the day over yet?:LOL: What's for dinner you ask? Arggggh

kadesma:)

I got up around 9AM and I have busy cleaning the house. Did some laundry and fed and played with Jolie.

As for the rest of the day I like playing on the internet.

Went shopping with girlfriend 0f 45 yrs. looked on here for a bit, straightened up ,bbq burgers and made sweet corn, having a beer now and visiting on here again. Easy enjoyable day.

Kadesma, Maggie was the name of my beloved old furry dog. I didn't take her until she had a heart attack and was in pain. Nothing is truer than the love of your dog.

I've had a wonderful day. Got up at 7:00 AM feeling good, and did a little straightening up around the house. It started raining about 11:00, and as my decorator was working on outside doors, he came in and started hanging things up on the dining room walls. We're using a lot of the same stuff, just not as much of it, and grouping things differently.

I was actually able to make it down to the basement and over to the shop, where I have a lot of things stored. I haven't had the strength to do that in a long time. Thanks to those of you who have had me in your thoughts. It seems as if I've been touched by a miracle! It's hard to believe that just 8 days ago I was weak as a kitten and having seizures.

Constance said:
Kadesma, Maggie was the name of my beloved old furry dog. I didn't take her until she had a heart attack and was in pain. Nothing is truer than the love of your dog.

I've had a wonderful day. Got up at 7:00 AM feeling good, and did a little straightening up around the house. It started raining about 11:00, and as my decorator was working on outside doors, he came in and started hanging things up on the dining room walls. We're using a lot of the same stuff, just not as much of it, and grouping things differently.

I was actually able to make it down to the basement and over to the shop, where I have a lot of things stored. I haven't had the strength to do that in a long time. Thanks to those of you who have had me in your thoughts. It seems as if I've been touched by a miracle! It's hard to believe that just 8 days ago I was weak as a kitten and having seizures.

Constance, I am so glad to hear you are doing so well. Thank you for brightening my day!

Constance said:

Connie,
I remember you telling me about your Maggie. My little one is so tiny now..So far she isn't hurting, just very weak and well I suppose you could say she has dementia, Still sweet, but walks in circles not sure in her mind what she wants to do..But, I'll hang in there with her.
Connie, I'm so happy to hear how far you've come already. It just makes my heart happy..Doesn't it feel good to get up and go outside and move about without discomfort? How wonderful for you and Kim..Bless his heart for taking such good care of you.

kadesma:)

kads, just rest & hold yor doxie. you & your baby deserve that. guy needs his Mommy, & Mommy needs to hold her kiddo. you work so beautifually at cooking, kads, 'cept you just hold that pup & hug him & love him, both of you deserve love.

Last edited:
Today. I took care of my 13 month old and planned and cooked dinner. I also had to go to the market twice. I forgot something the first time. They know me well there "lol". Today was tough because for the first time in a long time, my daughter didn't really nap. That meant no break for me and a daughter crying at the drop of a hat at things. I have been planning and cooking up a storm lately. Tonight I made a homemade very easy to make spinache quiche and cooked up some buffalo wings with a homemade sauce my brother taught me. It was oh so yummmmmmmmmmmmmy. Other than that, poked around on this site.

sleep tight, guys. my eyes got tired so i'm looking to sleep.
-yours, luvs

Last edited:
Today? Whoo! Tiring. Happens every two weeks here.

Up early. On the road by 9 or 9:30 a.m. to drive almost 30 miles to the nearest big city. Read that 20,000 people. We live in a VERY rural area.

My day was spent shopping for our needs: food, beverages (adult, too), pet supplies, fabric, gasoline, library, thrift stores, hardware/home center, gardening/plants, cooking implements, gift/decor items, birthday/anniversary/greeting cards, etc. Just name something. The only things we can get in our little town are the BARE essentials.

Our little grocery store doesn't carry fresh parsley and most of the time fresh mushrooms. I called one day and asked for the availibility of dried split peas and the answer was, "What are those?"

Today, when it was all said and done, I'd made 22 stops, which is about average. There've been times when I have made more stops.

I'm tired, but I had a good day and Buck made an awesome dinner. When I do my Wednesday shopping trips, he's in charge of dinner. He's a keeper.

brows getting yanked today. failed to attend to my brows yesterday. 'twas kinda not 'bout brow-pullins.
i'm tired. looking to sleep till later.
spin spa atttachment lost a few prongs.
dagnabbit.
my today is kinda empty. maybe i'll get books.
another corned beef sammich, though, double mustard. delicious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom