Your user name..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would be too easy :-p
And just to take it one step further. When Phillip died, we got a new cat, and wanted to name him after Phillip, Which is how we chose Phrank. (Ph...)
You should have seen the looks we got from our families, and the Vet .

Pacanis, what's your name mean?

Sorry Jill. You'll have to look in the other username thread to find out.
And if you want to see a pic, you'll have to look in the pic thread started shortly before Goodweed's, by Saphellae.
:LOL:

Oh OK.... seeing as how you are in driving distance :rolleyes:
pa as in PA and canis as in dog. Pennsyvania dog.
Or, in your case :ermm: PA DAWG! GO BROWNS! :D :LOL:

Sorry Jill. You'll have to look in the other username thread to find out.
And if you want to see a pic, you'll have to look in the pic thread started shortly before Goodweed's, by Saphellae.
:LOL:

Oh OK.... seeing as how you are in driving distance :rolleyes:
pa as in PA and canis as in dog. Pennsyvania dog.
Or, in your case :ermm: PA DAWG! GO BROWNS! :D :LOL:

Oh, thanks for not making me dig for it. I was interested in learning about everyone's names and this was the first thread that came up in my search for "user name." I didn't even notice there were others! Thanks for humoring me!

Oh, thanks for not making me dig for it. I was interested in learning about everyone's names and this was the first thread that came up in my search for "user name." I didn't even notice there were others! Thanks for humoring me!

I don't remember exactly what the other thread was called (and we all know what kind of search engine this site has :rolleyes:) All I know is whenever this thread came up, I noticed I hadn't replied to it, and that caught me a little offguard (I guess) as I know I replied in another thread about the same thing :huh:
IMO every topic needs recycled a bit anyway. I saw people reply to GW's thread that hadn't replied to the other one..... and I'm sure there were others before that one ;)

My beautiful long Hair Chihuahua was called Dove when I adopted her...so if it is a good name for her and since her picture is smiling at you what better name could I have chosen?

My name is significant because it indicates my real identity. I am Dorothy's Auntie Em (Andy M.).

Most people don't realize that the Wizard of Oz is a true story, fictionalized for the movie. The real Andy M. from the story was turned into a female for the movie and the name was modified to accommodate the gender change.

The real story is about a young girl who was lost in a tornado in the dust bowl in the 30s. She was missing for some time and the family was beginning to think they would never see her again.

Many months later she reappeared as a changed person. Upon investigation, the police found she had actually run off to California and was making her way selling illegal substances to the Hollywood set.

Several months into this new endeavor she got tired of the wicked life she was leading and headed home. She arrived at the farm late one night and walked into Andy M.'s room and tried to awaken him, by calling out, "Andy M., Andy M.", while pulling his leg....

...just like I'm pulling yours right now.

Andy, I just revisited this thread for grins. That story is classic. A good yarn is a precious thing. Good job my freind.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

For any newbies who don't know the history of my strange user name:

I was the smallest kid in the neighborhood all the time I was growing up. Most of my childhood was spent back in the 60's, when a bunch of boys got together in a vacant field and chose baseball teams by going hand-over-hand to see who's hand came up on top. Due to my small size (at least 2 years behind all of my peers), I was always chosen last or next to last. I never struck out (or at least very rarely), and usually brough in a run as well as making one myself. But in the outfield, I always panicked whenever the ball was hit in my direction. The results were inevitable.

I'd go home dejected and angry and my Dad would always give me a pep-talk to try and cheer me up. In it, he would always include, and I'm para-phrasing here, "One of these days you're going to sprout up like a bad weed. Why I knew this guy who started high school smaller than you. In one summer, he grew more than 6 inches."

I never sprouted. So if I'm not the proverbial "bad weed", I must be Goodweed. Also, I live in and love the North. And that's not because the people of any other location are not wonderful, but just that I don't get along so well with heat. I'm not a bit cold and 10' F., and don't really start feeling the cold until the mercury dips to around the 0 point. But I get physically ill feeling when it rises much beyond 90. I'm uncomfortably hot at 80. When the news, or some special warning comes on TV telling about the brutal and potentially deadly temperatures of 45' F., I laugh. To me, that's perfect for doing outdoor things. I'm warm and don't have to sweat.

I am, Goodweed of the North. Though I'm not great and powerful like Oz.

i was originally named buckytom of the north. but after all of that nonsense you just wasted a minute of your life that you'll never get back reading, i decided to drop the regional locator and just became buckytom. :cool:
dish soap my butt!

I never sprouted. So if I'm not the proverbial "bad weed", I must be Goodweed. Also, I live in and love the North. And that's not because the people of any other location are not wonderful, but just that I don't get along so well with heat. I'm not a bit cold and 10' F., and don't really start feeling the cold until the mercury dips to around the 0 point. But I get physically ill feeling when it rises much beyond 90. I'm uncomfortably hot at 80. When the news, or some special warning comes on TV telling about the brutal and potentially deadly temperatures of 45' F., I laugh. To me, that's perfect for doing outdoor things. I'm warm and don't have to sweat.

I also love the north. I lived in Minnesota for several years. Through several moves and circumstances I ended up in Houston, which is like living in a sauna during the summer. Nothing is all good or all bad and I'll be planning a picnic in late October, when some of us are still wearing shorts and T-shirts.

My username - simplicity - identifies my goal in life - to live well and simply.

. . .

What a heartwarming story. Gosh, I can't remember where I put the remote control let alone stories like that from my childhood (and I'm 20 yrs your Jr, from the sounds of it). If I had known we'd start discussing usernames in this forum, I would have chosen something more symbolic... like Beefcheeks :-p.

I am also deprived in vertical stature (5'1") and non-heat-tolerant. I always say that I can put on more layers if I'm cold but you can only take so many off when you're hot!:blush: Though I don't very much prefer it hot. I guess I'm a climate snob: 65F to 75F I prefer. but precipitation of any form doesn't bother me one bit! Maybe I was an invasive perennial plant of some sort in a former life. That could be my new name: Noxious Weed of the Burgh..:ermm::LOL:

Just short and sweet = (LOOSE MEAT SANDWICHES) :wub: :w00t2::brows: ;) Just a taste of Heaven ! :chef:
Bon Appétit :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom