Your Weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
wasabi, hugs and prayers all goes well.

we may be goin' down the shore for the last beach weekend this summer. staying over my parent's house, hope to try to distract mom long enough to keep her out of her kitchen so i can cook dinner for everyone. :chef:

if not, we'll go to san genarro's in the city. if we go saturday night, i'll climb up on a lamppost and scream "verablue, where are you!!!!!"

I'll pin a 10$ bill on you if you do it!!!! I'd love to run into you. By the way, I've got red wavy hair, just past my shoulders. It's very hard to miss me.

Well, here's how the week has gone: houseguests Sun-Weds, threw a WWII reuinion party Weds night, drank lots of water and ate lettuce Thurs. Friends from VA arrrived Fri afternoon, big happy hour at a local place Friday. Today (Sat) we went to meet a Pakistani friend's childhood friend and spent the afternoon eating and drinking with them, then when we thought we were going home for a nap, we ran into friends who wanted to see our new porch. Snacks and drinks on the porch, and a call comes in that friends wanted to meet us at a local pizza joint. We did that, then took the pizza that was leftover to friends we've been trying to get together with for a few months and keep missing, and sat at their B&Bs gazebo, snacking on leftovers and drinking lemonade & wine. Tomorrow the Pakistani friends are making us curry for lunch, and later we're supposed to go to a party. Whew!

I had a very nice weekend. My cousin Renee from Las Vegas came over and we visited our parents at the cemetary. Then we went out for a delicious lunch and dinner. I really enjoyed seeing her.

I started a small home project - restoring/brightening up the grouting between tiles. I found these handy-dandy grout markers/pens. So far, so good. The tiling looks brand-spanking new.

Restore grout to a bright and clean condition. The fast-drying markers quickly revitalize grout and cover stubborn grout stains instantly. The markers contain water-based, odorless, permanent paint--perfect for non-ventilated areas. For thinner coverage, just dip the tips in water. Comfortable non-slip grips. Secure clip caps. Reversible for extended life.

Last edited:
Hugs to all those who have had a tough weekend.

I'm still getting over this mystery virus so my weekend has been fairly quiet. I did manage to go out for lunch on Saturday and do a bit of shopping, exciting stuff like echinacea and acidophilus tablets (echinacea to help the immune system and acidophilus to restore some balance to my delicate tummy after antibiotics) and some nice bath staff to help my skin, which is flaking off after the nasty rash, I look like a lizard!

And today I went to our village and watched the first half of the soccer at the pub (it's not shown on free view tv), Chelsea v. Arsenal but left at half time. Then had a nap and cooked dinner, gammon (ham) in coca cola with a very modified corn pudding recipe and potatoes au gratin. Comfort food!

We've had a very nice weekend. DH has been working alone on his 2-tractor garage. He wanted to have some things worked out before our neighbors come home to "help" him. Our gs was here all day yesterday and we had fun going to his karate class, then our gd came out and we swam and chatted. I baked a ham so we've eaten on it today. I had a nice long nap after reading the paper, and then dh came in the bedroom holding a fresh strawberry pie - which scared me - he doesn't cook at all. Our neighbor had sent it over with whipped cream on the side. Just another day in paradise, I suppose. Retirement really isn't that bad!!!!

Self-employeed, too. Weekends are sometimes the same-old, same-old. I've got three articles in the works. One nearly finished and two in the beginning stages. I'll finish the first one and get well into the other two.

Later, my husband and I will be watching a DVD of "M.A.S.H." we've been wanting to see. It was one ofthe funniest movies when it came out. We checked out a VHS tape of it from the library a couple of weeks ago, but our VCR didn't like it. Disappointing.:( Were back at the library on Wednesday and noticed the DVD. Hooray!:ROFLMAO:

I've got homemade ravioli with wild mushroom-tomato sauce planned for dinner. We'll eat late, but that's our style. No children at home so we can do what we want. Empty nest is nice once you get used to it.

Husband, Joe, is out on our big front porch with the laptop writing, too. (We're both writers.) I'm not sure how much he's getting done. There are six new kittens running amok out there, too.

He'll be glad he's on the porch today 'cause heavy storms are predicted for tomorrow. We've had a nice stretch of very pleasant weather recently. Weekend's almost over, but we're going to stretch it as much as we can.

Katie:)

Back
Top Bottom