"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 06-14-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
Master Chef
Your weekend

i get to see my kitties! (i gave them to my Parents when we left our other place- landlord won't allow them). then we'll probably cook stuffed peppers.
other than that, i'm without a clue.

i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
Head Chef
Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
Baked 10 Grain bread at 4:30, when my labs got me up. Fixed the attic fan, set up the dehumidifier in the basement, more work around the house, more of the same tomorrow.

Adillo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire
Made tuna pasta salad for lunch, after lunch will go shopping for garden plants (we're pulling out the bolted lettuce today) and groceries, weed the veggie and herb gardens, and plant anything new I find today. Tomorrow morning, read the paper practically cover to cover, as always, then maybe a visit to the botanical garden in the afternoon. And a bit of housework here and there.
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
work, all day, and all of dee night.

then it's fah-zhuh's day.

i bought tickets to go see "the backyardigans" in madison square garden, then we'll eat dinner in the city.

and then yay! i'm off on vacation. i don't have to go back in to work sunday night.

see you, bunch o' suckers!!!!!

oh, wait. wait until later to read that.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
"The Backyardigans" - a new Broadway show about lovable Irish neighbors who lean over the fence and compare tomato crops. Based on a real-life neighborhood in joisey, with a wise-crackin' guy who loves to cook.
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
Executive Chef
I'm cleaning my mom's house from top to bottom as a surprise for her while I pet sit. Don't get me wrong, it's very neat and orderly (in case she ever finds this post), but I'm washing walls and baseboards and cleaning the kitchen appliances and power washing the outside, etc. Can ya tell I'm bored out of my mind????
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Today..clean house, wash clothes, bbq at a friends,

Sunday.. more cleaning and ironing, getting ready for Monday and then...relaxing
until bedtime.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:21 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
weekends are the same as everyday for me. today, playing, on computer and making bread, maybe some cookies.

tomorrow going to sew. need to make a valence for sliding door in puter room. it is always open as is entrance to sunroom. so i don't need or want a full size drape.

"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:01 PM   #9
Head Chef
Today, took the visiting kids shopping and then dropped them off at the beach while I went to a talk by a local doctor on "Tropical Diseases and Other Perils" - I know, I know, doesn't sound like much fun, but saw lots of friends there. Also met up with a woman from our home state whom I met on another forum about Mexico - she is visiting and thinking of moving down here. Fun to meet in person! Tonight, dinner at our favorite little restaurant - very "rustico" but wonderful food. All six of us will eat as much as we can hold for less than $20!

Tomorrow, having 20 people over for dinner to meet our kids. Serving pulled pork, potato salad, coleslaw, watermelon, brownies and home made ice cream for dessert. Other people are also bring additional salads and side dishes.

Mostly, just feeling very grateful for our wonderful life, and the opportunity to share it with our kids.
Saludos, Karen
MexicoKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #10
Sous Chef
Today, went to Tybee Island. Flat tire on the way back and burnt to a crisp. Tomorrow, I'll hit the market, call dad and relax.

If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry? ~Author Unknown
jeninga75 is offline   Reply With Quote