Your weekend~

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i am making stock. neatly compiling recipes jotted into my notebooks while the stock cooks.
other than that.....
a movie &/or reading.

Cooking for all my sibs who are in town to clean out Mom's house. Ugh. Last night was just us and my brother and his wife so we did striploin, baby new potatoes, grilled zucchini and mushrooms, spring greens and just ice cream for dessert.

Tonight is a HUGE ham, cheesy scalloped potatoes, steamed green beans (or the last of my yellow ones if I feel generous), Joe's coleslaw and a LOT of wine and assorted other booze items for dessert. LOL! There will be 3 more sisters and one niece added to the mix tonight.

Saturday is likely going to be take out as we will all be too tired to move.

Sunday, turkey dinner with all the fixin's!

And thats MY weekend.

I'm working on my brick oven this weekend. I'm hoping to cap the dome by next weekend.

Attachments

• P1040470.jpg
    P1040470.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 147
  • P1040471.jpg
    P1040471.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 142
want to make sugar cookies dipped in chocolate. have had the wilton choco. melter since before christmas and would like to use.

sewing for my bedroom.

two movies to watch. gonna cancel my netflex. never have much time to watch em.

sewing for great granddaughter. a nap blankie for preschool. yep, still haven't done it.

Swimming with my son, bath, dip & manicure for my puppy Peanut, start a batch of chili (some for dinner & some for the freezer), and more swimming with my son. Possible make a run to Blockbuster to rent a movie or two.

painting, rototilling and planting

we are in the final stages of painting the exterior of the house

we hope by Sunday morning, it will be dry enough to get the rototiller into the garden; need to plant some annual flowers from seed and set in the star of the velds, plant the potatoes and sweet potatoes and maybe set in the tomatoes and basil.

Weeding and mulching the front yard planting beds, building the beds & trellises for and planting the grape vines, planting the rest of the veggie garden, planting the 2 lilac bushes I saved from certain demise and potting up the last flowers Oh.. and grocery shopping for next week. phew. i think I need to go to bed.... I'm tired already...:wacko:

I'll be inside all weekend at an interpreter conference. Today the meeting room was so cold some of the participants went to their hotel rooms on break and came back with the blankets off the beds!

Packing and getting ready to go to Hotlanta!!! Here I come, a week of pure pleasure with my fabulous sis-in-law,,, (for all you football guys out there my sis-in-law is Ditkas daughter and she knows fun) We have a fabulous week planned... So that will be my weekend.. :):):)

WOW, you folks are sure busy!! My husband left for the airport before dawn this morning to fly back to Florida and visit his 97 yr old mom for the weekend.
Sure is quiet this morning around here. I'm trying to think of something to do for the weekend I wouldn't do if he was here. Guess I could clean out his closet and get rid of all his clothes I hate. Hmm, not a bad idea.
:devilish::brows:

Out of the strawberries we bought last weekend, I made a pie as the swan song. Splurged and made the crust using lard. Boy did it turn out nice. Also made a batch of English muffins.

Other than those two things, the day was pretty much low key. We took the motorcycle over to Glenn's daughter's house (about 17 miles) to bring a card and gift to a granddaughter who turned 13 on Thursday.

Stayed and visited about an hour while the children ran and played and spent lots of time splashing through the garden hose and pool.

Pizza at home for supper tonight, topped off with a healthy serving of homemade strawberry ice cream. Those strawberries sure are good.

Tomorrow? Who knows. I kinda want to make a couple of loaves of French bread to have on hand. Probably will since the weather's supposed to be iffy. If it doesn't rain, even if I do make the bread, we'll probably head to the pond out back and catch some catfish for dinner.

Out of the strawberries we bought last weekend, I made a pie as the swan song. Splurged and made the crust using lard. Boy did it turn out nice. Also made a batch of English muffins.

Other than those two things, the day was pretty much low key. We took the motorcycle over to Glenn's daughter's house (about 17 miles) to bring a card and gift to a granddaughter who turned 13 on Thursday.

Stayed and visited about an hour while the children ran and played and spent lots of time splashing through the garden hose and pool.

Pizza at home for supper tonight, topped off with a healthy serving of homemade strawberry ice cream. Those strawberries sure are good.

Tomorrow? Who knows. I kinda want to make a couple of loaves of French bread to have on hand. Probably will since the weather's supposed to be iffy. If it doesn't rain, even if I do make the bread, we'll probably head to the pond out back and catch some catfish for dinner.
Katie sweetie hello!! it has been a long time how have you been? I just found out I am diabetic and the thing that makes me VERY sad is that I won't be able to eat your fantastic devils food cake :( I guess one small piece once in awhile wouldn't hurt?

Attachments

• chococake-clarified.jpg
    chococake-clarified.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 144
just figure out the carbs and eat accordly. often if it is high in carbs, i replace a meal (usually lunch) with a treat.
how many carbs are ok and how do I read the label properly? I found low carb\low fat wraps. it says only 7g net carbs per wrap on the front of the bag but on the back label it says:
total carb 15g
dietary fiber 8g
sugars 0

so is it 7g or 15g? all my doctor told my was I can have as much meat and veggies I want and thats it. I have been trying to find out what I can on my own.

You subtract the Fiber grams from the carbs leaving you with 7g of carbs.

msmofet, are you diet or medication controlled?

You subtract the Fiber grams from the carbs leaving you with 7g of carbs.

msmofet, are you diet or medication controlled?
thank you!! both - i watch my carbs/sugars and take 3 meds

btw i lost 2 inches in 2 months!! yippee!!:)

Back
Top Bottom