Yucky food thread....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think it's your palette that's weird. I think that venison that was treated properly from the time it was killed has no harsh or "gamey" taste. That's my experience with venison.

Depends on what that deer has been eating. Deer around my old home town taste harsh...they eat primarily sagebrush...those from the mountains are much better tasting.:rolleyes:

Depends on what that deer has been eating. Deer around my old home town taste harsh...they eat primarily sagebrush...those from the mountains are much better tasting.:rolleyes:

You make a good point. Porcupine is really delicious, but if they have been eating a lot of pine or other conifers, just don't bother with the liver. :yuk:

Okay, you might like it if you like spruce beer. :LOL:

overcooked meat. margarine & cool whip. un-trimmed broccoli cooked till it's grey. okra. most types of rice.

overcooked meat. margarine & cool whip. un-trimmed broccoli cooked till it's grey. okra. most types of rice.
If we ever did dinner together, there would be absolutely nothing on the menu that neither of us liked. I can't tolerate any of those.

For me it is shellfish. I can eat (and do a lot) prawns, shrimp and scallops. However please don't even let me see or smell oysters, mussels, snails (even when they are called escargot :LOL:) or sardines (okay, not a shellfish). My gag reflex goes into high gear on all these. Eggs if not flavoured or covered in some way are the same, and PLLLLLEEEEEAAASE don't make them the least bit runny.

I think the only other yuck food for me is liver. My Mom loved liver and onions and I went through boarding school eating KD made in a little open kettle in my room every Wed because it was liver night and I couldn't stand even being in the dining room!

I reckon my upbringing has only taught me one thing as far as food goes. I am top of the food chain..... Means I eat ever'thing. Now I understand about overcooked food. It can be a less than pleasant experience. But for the most part there ain't anything that grows, walks, crawls or flies that I don't like to eat. I suppose I am in the minority here. I reckon that either makes me blessed or just a fool. Either way..... I don't go hungry. :LOL:

I reckon my upbringing has only taught me one thing as far as food goes. I am top of the food chain..... Means I eat ever'thing. Now I understand about overcooked food. It can be a less than pleasant experience. But for the most part there ain't anything that grows, walks, crawls or flies that I don't like to eat. I suppose I am in the minority here. I reckon that either makes me blessed or just a fool. Either way..... I don't go hungry. :LOL:
I wish I had your stamina

Can't stand khaki coloured peas. Couldn't stand them even as kid. I love raw peas and am happy with lightly cooked peas.

Haven't had any type of meat that I didn't like if cooked properly. Really dislike overcooked liver.

Don't like a lot of sweet added to vegis: carrots with sweet glaze, sweet potatoes with sweet anything, etc. Can't handle ham with sugary glazes. In fact, when I'm having supper, leave out the sweeteners. Unsweetened applesauce is okay with pork. A small amount of homemade (not green) mint jelly is okay with lamb. Small amounts of chutneys that are hot can be pretty good. No sugar in the barbecue sauce, please.

Oh yeah, cooked salmon makes me gag. Raw, smoked, gravad, or as sushi are fine.

Can't stand khaki coloured peas. Couldn't stand them even as kid. I love raw peas and am happy with lightly cooked peas.

Haven't had any type of meat that I didn't like if cooked properly. Really dislike overcooked liver.

Don't like a lot of sweet added to vegis: carrots with sweet glaze, sweet potatoes with sweet anything, etc. Can't handle ham with sugary glazes. In fact, when I'm having supper, leave out the sweeteners. Unsweetened applesauce is okay with pork. A small amount of homemade (not green) mint jelly is okay with lamb. Small amounts of chutneys that are hot can be pretty good. No sugar in the barbecue sauce, please.

Oh yeah, cooked salmon makes me gag. Raw, smoked, gravad, or as sushi are fine.

Me Too!!!:)

is there something that you CANNOT understand why people eat it?Please post it here,,,,can be anything at all foodwise...a condiment...a dish...a recipe...your dads fried eggs,,,mcdonadls salads...really anything
a food so vile to you if it were between starving or eating it,,,you very well may choose starving,,,lol
its just for fun...so lets have fun
Ill start
olive loaf
mayo
egg salad

Also adding
Cole slaw
Macaroni salad
Ketchup
Mustard
deviled eggs
Rhutabegas
hominy
tarter sauce

:ROFLMAO:What's left Mzdee?;)

Not too many foods I won't at least try. Can't name one veggie I don't like and that includes Brussells Sprouts:LOL: Love 'em!

Not too many foods I won't at least try. Can't name one veggie I don't like and that includes Brussells Sprouts:LOL: Love 'em!
i know right..i despise all the foods i mentioned and IM FROM THE SOUTH,,,lol
i was SOL at any picnic
i was the"weird" kid
le sighhhh:(

Erk!

Attachments

• brussel sproutz.jpg
    brussel sproutz.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 160

That's my Stirling's reaction too. He gets nauseous if he smells them. There was an incident when he was a kid. For reasons I don't understand, an entire field of Brussels sprouts was burned. Apparently, the smell was overwhelming. :sick:

So, even though I like them, I don't get to eat them very often. :(

And the kitten is adorable.

All kittens are adorable... unfortunately they grow up into big, dumb cats! :LOL:

All kittens are adorable... unfortunately they grow up into big, dumb cats! :LOL:

Lol
i haz one of those.he was the cuteeeeeeeest kitteh ever......soso cute
Now....he is a huge cat.....the dumbest cat ever.i love him to bits...but boy oh boy the poor lil guy is dumb

miracle whip & sweet pickles! though i luved the 'sweet pickles' book series as a kiddo!

Back
Top Bottom