3,000 members!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KE, took MANY Years of lending favorite books and NOT getting them back before I started a small notebook last year - now I write in it every time I lend someone a book or when I borrow one from someone... and there are MANY I will never lend! I don't have enough in my cookbook collection yet, only 64 books so far... and I did cull my cookbooks a few months ago... had outgrown a few...

Culling cookbooks - that must have been hard to do even if you outgrew them - I could get rid of some of mine though I think.................I think. :neutral:

I could only get rid of a cookbook if it was REALLY crappy .... humm ... actually ... I do have a couple of those that I haven't tossed ... :rolleyes:

I have a couple of those too Michael - I'd have to do it REALLY fast before I thought about it though. I stand at around 300 and am running out of room. I'm still a "baby" to the great collectors of the world but I'm still running out of room!

Well my mom has quite the collection - when she still had her house she had over 3000 and now she has about 500 left... I did get a few of those and I passed them on... I also did get gret books from some good friends and have kept them. I understand how hard it is to part with cookbooks, it's easier to give them to family and friends... that way they know what we liked about the books.

Decluttering is really hard to do, especially when it's time to do it with our books...

CAke, cookies and the bubblie this sounds like my kind of group! I am the 3.000 member . . . thanks for the party the herbal tea was great!

I am WendieJ. friend of Charlotte actually I just came back from her place. Had a nice visit and some yummy banana bread @ midnight. BTW, I am from Ontario, CAnada near the Falls

We need to add on folks - our home needs a few more rooms and kitchens and libraries filled with cookbooks. Glad you made it!!!!!!!

Welcome home!

Welcome Chocogirl1 (wendiej)

Yeah was a good party was'nt it!! And, hey you outta introduce yourself in the introductions and birthday section too! Nice to have you here. :) :chef:

Back
Top Bottom