About The Pm's You Are Getting Reference A Survey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it had been a scratch & sniff pm with a free recipe, I might have been more inclined to click on the link :LOL: NOT!!!

I was a little miffed when I saw what the PM was, but I am heartened to know that the admins here are on top of this stuff.

Glad to know it wasn't just me that received it. My PM is acting up though as pm's I'd responded to yesterday and then deleted are showing back up again. I don't know if my pm's I sent yesterday went through or not.

Also, I was having trouble getting to the site awhile ago.

Snoop Puss said:
Maybe in future, admins, if you are approached about a survey that you think should perhaps be pursued (for whatever reason), it could be posted as a thread with your approval rather than have messages sent to each of us. We'd be far more likely to trust it and would know that anything arriving as a PM should be deleted toot sweet.

Snoop - yes, we tried to "speak" with these people stating just these facts the first day they posted. I promise we really do think of all these things and discussed that very thing when the PM first came out. However, we didn't hear back from these people to confirm it's legitimacy, therefore, we will not put it in the open forums.

Snoop Puss said:
I've just received my copy. And I was feeling so left out... Maybe in future, admins, if you are approached about a survey that you think should perhaps be pursued (for whatever reason), it could be posted as a thread with your approval rather than have messages sent to each of us. We'd be far more likely to trust it and would know that anything arriving as a PM should be deleted toot sweet.

Snoop, I doubt that there would be a really good or legitimate reason to let any outside group conduct a survey here. And as kitchenelf noted, they didn't respond to inquiries regarding their intent.

I tried emailing them back and making Friends with them, they totaly ignored me also :(

so as a result I flatly refuse to fill in their silly survey and I hope it hurts them as much as they hurt me! SO THERE! :P

surely a relationship should be 2 Way!?
:))))))))))

We offered to help them also - I can only surmise they are not on the up and up and are harvesting some kind of information when you respond to them.

a BOT blocker might be a good idea to have here on sign up, one of those thingies with the random letters and numbers in a box, different colors and twisted typeface/font that CHR Recog bots cant read.

a Human can type it back in, a bot cannot :)

just a thought :)

We are working on several things right now YT:) Our Tech Department just had to get to the new server first.

Everyone......please do not spend time worrying on this subject. Our administrators are working and taking care of all problems. One problem in order of importance. All is well. We are in good hands. Our site originator and his staff are FINE and work hard to keep things working for us.

If you're referring to a PM, go to the page that lists your inbox messages. There is a little check box at the far right of the title line for each PM. Click on that box to put a check mark in it (and any others you want to delete at the same time) then go down the window to the end of the PM listing. In the blue bar, there is a Selected Messages window that says Move to folder... Click on the down arrow to expose the drop down menu then click on the option you want - Delete - then click on Go. All the PMs you checked off will be gone.

Pook said:
HAHAHA!! I love cussing out a spammer. Sorry. And if it happens again they're in for it from me yet again. I have no patience with such.
Hugs,
Pook

I guess if it gives you pleasure, then hey. Personally, I think it's a waste of time and either just tell them not to message me again or, better yet, ignore and delete. They really aren't interested in anybody's anger or frustration.

Just my little ole 2 cents, lol. I got the same PM from Mickey and I just deleted it. As I have been reading I can see the Administrators are doing everything they can. Good luck with it. Thanks

Aria said:
Everyone......please do not spend time worrying on this subject. Our administrators are working and taking care of all problems. One problem in order of importance. All is well. We are in good hands. Our site originator and his staff are FINE and work hard to keep things working for us.

I strongly agree!! This site is amazing and I have full confidence that the admins are doing what they can. All the ideas mentioned here are great but some are not possible. This site allows EVERYONE because we want almost everyone to enjoy it just as much as we do. One bad apple shouldn't ruin it for all of us. I think that more times that not the people that sign up to become a member of this site are here to enjoy it...not ruin it. Just let the admins do what they can and notify them when you see something fishy. They can only do so much at a time. "Patience young padawon."~Obi Wan Kanobi:cool:

Thank you admins for doing what you can.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom