Am I Rude?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
............Lots of good stuff......................Sincerely,
Chief Longwind's daughter (because I'm pretty sure this is longer than his reply to the question)
About halfway through I thought "the apple is pretty near the tree right now"! :LOL: But all that you said is good stuff. ~~~ Did you catch that Cat? Everything p.a.g. said is good advice. ;)

Oh my.

I see this Purple, I thank you so very much.

But this of being said, I do try to show respect.

I am very worried of being disrespectful and ignorant sometimes. I think it is because of my culture, for I'm not a real American.

Thank you so very much! This is good advice and I thank you.

Last edited:
Oh my.

I am very worried of being disrespectful and ignorant sometimes. I think it is because of my culture, for I'm not a real American.

Who said you are not a "Real American?" Cat you are as real as any American I have ever known. Don't ever let anyone tell you anything different. :angel:

Who said you are not a "Real American?" Cat you are as real as any American I have ever known. Don't ever let anyone tell you anything different. :angel:

That's exactly what I was thinking. ~Cat, you are a real American, you even have papers that say so...that's more than I have. You have never been rude, ignore that person on the other forum...they have farts for brains.

CatPat, You're as real as it gets. No such thing as a "Real" American. There are only Americans and you fit the bill just fine.

PF, I think you're giving that other person too much credit and you're being insulting to farts. ;)

CatPat, You're as real as it gets. No such thing as a "Real" American. There are only Americans and you fit the bill just fine.

PF, I think you're giving that other person too much credit and you're being insulting to farts. ;)

Well, I was trying to not be rude...:)

You all are so nice! I'm glad signing my posts isn't rude here.

I can be rude. I slapped a cab driver once because he touched my butt.

With love,
~Cat
Good for you. And I hope you reported him to the cab company and the cab licensing authority.

Oh my.

"Not a real American" - who is really? All American citizens are descended from people who came from somewhere else even if it was hundreds of years ago - even the ancestors of the Native Americans are believed to have come from elsewhere albeit thousands of years ago.

In the same vein I have a cousin whom I love dearly but who is a bit bigoted in some things. She was sounding off about immigrants on one occasion and things got a bit heated between her, her teenaged sons, her sister and me. I pointed out that all Britons are descended from immigrants (ie Celts, Romans, Danes, Angles, Saxons, and Jutes, the Normans and so on over the centuries). She drew herself up to her full height (5' 2" on a good day) and very indignantly said "Our family aren't descended from immigrants. We came over with William the Conqueror in 1066". She had no idea why we were all falling about laughing.

I'm sure you are a thoroughly good and conscientious American so don't let anyone put you down.

Last edited:
I love all of you! Thank you so very much for all your kindness to me!

I'm sorry I don't communicate well sometimes. I meant the "real American" as one who is born here.

I have read this through again, and it feels to me I love my new country and this website so much more again. It is true that Americans, somewhere, from 1492, came from other countries.

As for the farts, DA farts and she just laughs. She says she's entitled to these. Ha!

Azia farts, and she and I BOTH go outside. The cats are on their own.

With love,
~Cat

I read through the whole thread and I still don't know why signing a post is considered to be more rude than not signing??
Maybe someone can explain that to me...?

Is it different at your side of the sea?
Here in "good old Europe" it's a sign of manner to sign whatever you write.
I would consider it rather impolite not to sign..

I read through the whole thread and I still don't know why signing a post is considered to be more rude than not signing??
Maybe someone can explain that to me...?

Is it different at your side of the sea?
Here in "good old Europe" it's a sign of manner to sign whatever you write.
I would consider it rather impolite not to sign..

Cara, it was someone on another forum who said that to Cat. Everyone here is assuring her that it's not, and she's not :) There's no explaining the weird things some people say ;)

Life is certainly interesting!

Sometimes it's so interesting I turn off the computer and hide away to my pets and my books and my journal.

I've looked at things (not here!) that simply scare me!

With love,
~Cat

Life is certainly interesting!

Sometimes it's so interesting I turn off the computer and hide away to my pets and my books and my journal.

I've looked at things (not here!) that simply scare me!

With love,
~Cat

Yeah, I try to avoid those kinds of things usually. Who needs the extra stress?

Yeah, I try to avoid those kinds of things usually. Who needs the extra stress?

This is so true!

This is why life is so very nice here where there are all of you here. All of you are very different yet with same things, and this is such a very happy place for me!

As long as I am not perceived as rude here and I may continue to sign my posts as respect and love to you all, I see no reason for to continue of this, yes?

I think we can put this thread now to bed and go forward to the rest of all the topics here while saying good night to this one, yes?

Good night to questions of rudeness, let this rest here,

With love,
~Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom