"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #41
Executive Chef

Thank you.

For some, receiving a kind word means much more than any title or certification.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #42
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy3k View Post
They hired me to clean up Dodge and thats what I'm aiming to do partner.

It might be easier if you lose the grass skirt, 'Your Hokyness'.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #43
Mr. Greenjeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
It might be easier if you lose the grass skirt, 'Your Hokyness'.
Its as intimidating as a kilt on a blue painted Scott. What else would be intimidating to men who wear embroidered dresses?

And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I was born, raised and abused a Catholic so I have every right.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:28 AM   #44
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy3k View Post
Its as intimidating as a kilt on a blue painted Scott. What else would be intimidating to men who wear embroidered dresses?

And before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I was born, raised and abused a Catholic so I have every right.

You have my support. Go get 'em.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #45
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
Just curious...Did you expect to win friends with that attitude? Well obviously you would enter as an orderly
I think I actually did win a few friends and Iím glad I did. I donít know why everyone seems so shocked by a chef acting like a self-righteous a** hole.

Come on people, I come by it honestly!
Old 04-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #46
Assistant Cook

I'll bite...

OK, I'll play the newbie and bite:

It seems from the postings that the character titles used by posters somehow match some school's (not a slight) titles. Can someone explain? I' m not baiting here, but I don't see how some school can lay claim to those things. I'm an engineer and for me some states require I pass a test to call myself an engineer, some don't. But no school can claim the title engineer, they only train them.

I always thought those titles were somehow was related to the type of work they do in a kitchen. So maybe for the rest of the newbies some one could school us
Old 04-27-2010, 11:47 AM   #47
Everymom

Hey Westfallgj, the titles correspond with your post count. The more posts you make the "higher" in the cooking echelon you go. You progress from Assistant, to Sous, through the ranks to Master and Executive. Its just a fun way of indicating whos been on the site the longest and who has posted a bunch. Does that explain it well enough?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #48
Master Chef

I can't believe there are 5 pages devoted to this already - LOL!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #49
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Hey Westfallgj, the titles correspond with your post count. The more posts you make the "higher" in the cooking echelon you go. You progress from Assistant, to Sous, through the ranks to Master and Executive. Its just a fun way of indicating whos been on the site the longest and who has posted a bunch. Does that explain it well enough?
Thanks, but no, I was talking about the poster saying we were stepping on people's toes. The post count I get, but what is the other end he was taking about? What are the titles from the school and what do they mean?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #50
Certified Pretend Chef

I believe his issue was with the word CERTIFIED. Apparently the ACF (American Culinary Federation) certifies chefs. The OP thought they might be upset if they saw the way we were using the titles.

I received my certification from a different organization, the GPF, the Great Pretenders Foundation. A non-profic organization founded by the Platters. Wanna hear our school song?