From the best that I can tell - the auto log-in information is stored in a "cookie" - and if you have your cookies turned off, or you have configured your browser to erase cookies each time you exit your internet browser, auto-login isn't going to work.
If you erase cookies at the end of a session this probably will not work. But, if you have Win 98 and are using Internet Explorer and have cookies turned off .... this should work (it might work for all versions of IE but I don't have all versions of Windows loaded to test this out):
1) A the top of the screen click on T
2) On the drop down menu click on "Internet Options"
3) Click on the "Privacy" tab
4) Down at the bottom of the box, under the "Web Sites" box click on the "EDIT" button
5) On the "address of website" line type in:
6) Click on the "ALLOW" button
7) Click on the "OK" button, and the "OK" button again ...
After you log out, and log back in, auto-login "should" work after that.
Of course - it depends on what virus software you have, how you have it configured ...