The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where do you guys get your avatars? Grace and I have been trying to find a good one and right now ours is a copy and paste from discuss cooking's smilies.

Cameron

I got mine from bestsmileys.com but if you Google the image you want you should find something you like. We are having a bit of an avatar problem right now, but hopefully you will be able to get it working since you have one on there right now.

I am having the avatar problem where it shows in my user cp, but not in my posts. I believe it's within the size requirements...

We're still working the bugs out. If you can give us a week or so, likely we will have this all fixed. Sorry we can't get it running for you right now!

Nope, not you at all! We did an upgrade a little while ago and since then we haven't been able to get that avatar thing working right. The owner of the site will be back soon and will deal with the issues then. Thanks for being patient with us!

MJ said:
My apologies Schadenfreude. After doing some investigating, I found a problem with the new upgrade we did recently, and the problem is on our end. Please give us some time to fix this problem and hang tight.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
MJ

Has the problem been fixed yet?

Nope, sorry. Our owner needs to fix this one and he isn't back yet. Soon I hope, thanks for your patience!

cartwheelmac said:
Where do you guys get your avatars? Grace and I have been trying to find a good one and right now ours is a copy and paste from discuss cooking's smilies.

Cameron

You can use any image you like from your file and just resize it to fit into 80x80 frame, or 64kb (which is quite small so make sure all the detail will be visible at this size!) and use it, or if you are interested we have huge collection of ready made avatar images... it is too big to send the whole thing by email, but if you can give me some idea what you are looking for, I can send you some samples!

Last edited:
hi-
newbie here- am having the same problem- avatar and signature on profile- not in posts.
HALLLP!
LT

okay, there's the sig.......
where's my hillbilly?

Well they are having troubles with avatars so I found a picture on this website and copy and pasted the link (Mine came from Off Topic Chat's What kind of food are you).

Cameron

Drat!

I still cant get my avatar to appear! It is in my CP, of the right size, not animated... where the heck is it?

Alexa

Nevermind... LOL!

I went back over all the posts on this thread and realized it was a gif.

Alexa

caliloo said:
Harumph!

Back to the drawing board!
We will be working on this avatar problem very soon - the webmaster is aware of it and its not something you are doing wrong. My apologies for this inconvenience...

Back
Top Bottom