"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
Sous Chef

Blinking graphics

I checked the Community Rules, and I didn't see anything about the blinking graphics that some posters include in their comments.

Are these allowed? I ask because many sites prohibit them. While some find them entertaining, others find them very annoying. But more important, they can trigger migraines and seizures in those who are vulnerable to such disorders.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #2
Master Chef

Yes, we can use animated graphics.

Old 01-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
Sous Chef

Then I think the issue should be revisited. Since this is, after all, a site that is very attuned to its users and protective of their feelings, I should think that anything that is known to cause discomfort and even potential serious health problems would be even more of a priority.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #4
Certifiable Executive Chef

Site Administrator

SuzyQ3, if you use Firefox as your browser, you can hit the escape key at the beginning of your visit here and animated gifs in posts should be disabled.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
Head Chef

I love the blinking graphics and find them not only funny, but entertaining. I guess I'm easily entertained and difficult to annoy.
Oops, you're not talking about moving emoticons are you?

Come to think of it, I read a couple of blogsites that use blinking and flashing backgrounds, and yes they are annoying and hard to read without being distracted.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #6
Head Chef

Whatever you all decide is fine with me; just please let us all know what is decided. Stacy just taught me how to post pictures and I have been having fun doing so ever since but I don't wish to cause people health issues. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:09 PM   #7
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyQ3 View Post
Then I think the issue should be revisited. Since this is, after all, a site that is very attuned to its users and protective of their feelings, I should think that anything that is known to cause discomfort and even potential serious health problems would be even more of a priority.
why would someone that is hardly ever here and not for very long, want to "revisit" something that we have done for years? We use them, but, not to excess. they are used for birthdays and such.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #8
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaQueen View Post
I love the blinking graphics and find them not only funny, but entertaining. I guess I'm easily entertained and difficult to annoy.
Oops, you're not talking about moving emoticons are you?

Come to think of it, I read a couple of blogsites that use blinking and flashing backgrounds, and yes they are annoying and hard to read without being distracted.
No, I am not talking about emoticons, DramaQueen; I am talking about the blinking pictures that some people include in their posts.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
Master Chef

Like this
Old 01-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
Everymom

LOL. Suzy, Andy will see this thread eventually, but I really don't think they are used often enough here to matter. Its up to Andy.

Closed Thread