Can't find correct forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's good to meet you girl! Tell us something about your life on the road? What have you cooked so far?

I haven't hit the road yet myself..my trucker fella is just starting out long haul so we're getting into the swing of things..so far it's been pasta w/sausage, pulled beef, meatballs, quinoa w/chicken, rice casserole..he's got a microwave on board but i'm getting one of the portable stoves. He can plug it in when he stops to check the load and it heats the food up. I freeze meals throughout the week. He keeps them in his truck fridge and heats up whatever he feels like having. Being away from home for 5 days is tough but a hot home cooked meal makes it a bit easier I think:)

I use to drive long haul. I primarily farm now but still drive local. We own 3 tractor trailers and 2 Kenworth straight trucks. Anyway...The older trucks you could wrap hotdogs or burgers well anything really (pre cooked) in foil and lay on the exhaust manifold. Ive done soup but you have to poke a hole in the can. Cant do that with newer trucks. They don't get hot enough anymore.

I didn't have that oven you are talking about but I did have a water heater thing for ramen noodles and soups.

Kenworth...my guy would say you have excellent taste. He's hauling flat bed long haul. Crazy life!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom