"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > Forum Admin: Tech Support & Announcements
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 11:59 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Can't give "Thanks"

Is anyone experiencing an error where you try to give someone a "Thanks" message, but it doesn't go through?

I've tried from both a desktop and a cell phone.

But it's always me that ends up getting wet
Old 01-25-2019, 12:07 AM   #2
Master Chef

Yep, same here. I tried to send a 'thanks' and it didnt go through, so I tried again a couple of times. I'm afraid that a member will get several in a row when it does go through.

Old 01-25-2019, 12:36 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

So, someone should be expecting this?

https://youtu.be/ryUVdwdzOwQ
But it's always me that ends up getting wet
Old 01-25-2019, 01:48 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Hey bt, I just tried the "Thanks" button to your post. The compose box showed up, but when I clicked - nada. Is that the problem you've been having?

I got an email from a DC member who said they haven't been able to log in all day. I tried sending a PM to one of the admins, and the same problem - compose box is there, works fine, then the message won't go. I guess the mail isn't getting through anywhere.

When I just checked the "Who's Online" page I noticed that Tech Support is in da houz. I guess they're either fixing things or mucking them up more. (love ya, Tech guy!)
Old 01-25-2019, 01:59 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

I've been going crazy for hours not being able to get into DC. Finally I'm back and hope it's fixed. Ykies!!!

Old 01-25-2019, 02:04 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

You aren't the only one with log in issues, Kayelle. Looks like members are breaking through the wall one by one.

I checked my PM box. Looked like the PM I was sending went through in spite of the repeated "unable to process request" screens I saw. Every one of them went through...all four. Sorry, dawg!
Old 01-25-2019, 09:51 AM   #7
Senior Cook

While we are on the subject of a problem here, does anyone know how I can stop all the e-mails from DC? Some go in regular e-mail and some go into spam. The regular e-mail I have to keep deleting individually and now last night I had to do the same thing with spam. I have tried clicking on the link they post but apparently I am doing something wrong again.

What is wrong with thanking someone by posting on their thread? The other is soo cold.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:03 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
While we are on the subject of a problem here, does anyone know how I can stop all the e-mails from DC? Some go in regular e-mail and some go into spam. The regular e-mail I have to keep deleting individually and now last night I had to do the same thing with spam. I have tried clicking on the link they post but apparently I am doing something wrong again.

What is wrong with thanking someone by posting on their thread? The other is soo cold.
Go to this page for information on how the site works: Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics

Post #10 describes how you can change the settings in your account, including turning off email notifications.

Sending a thank-you message sometimes starts a private message dialog between the two people.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:04 AM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

cookieee, go to this page for information on how the site works: Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics

Post #10 describes how you can change the settings in your account, including turning off email notifications.

Sending a thank-you message sometimes starts a private message dialog between the two people.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:47 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

I just signed on and have had no problems at all.

My gripe is when I have signed on and have to leave the computer for a short spell to take care of other issues, when I come back to DC, I have to sign in again. Does this happen to anyone else?

Closed Thread