Can't reply to an old thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I know I just saw (and we just talked about) a pop up that informed us we were replying to an old thread, but this time I did not see the check box to say, Yeah, I want to reply to this thread... :huh:
Of course everything was typed, pics uploaded, before I got the window telling me that I could not reply :mad: And I know I just saw another member reply to an old thread.

What gives?

frank, is it a function of vbulletin to allow and disallow members as part of their profile to access functions such as replying to an old thread? or is it a function on the way vb has grown and manipulates it's database?

i have experienced the same thing as pacanis before, but also have been able to append old threads.

With troublemakers like the 2 of you around...nevermind.

Sorry Frank, feel free to answer now. I'll shush.

i figure you're joking, alix, but how much is the question.

it shouldn't be a mystery, really.

Frank and I discussed this last night, before I got busy with dinner, and it appears that if you go directly to advanced to post you do not see the checkbox that allows you to reply to an old thread. I have not tried posting there again, but Frank said that is what he ran into.

You have to check the little box before heading to the advanced editor. It is tricky, but any member can add to an old thread, and even us admins have to check the little box. It is the same for all members.

You have to check the little box before heading to the advanced editor. It is tricky, but any member can add to an old thread, and even us admins have to check the little box. It is the same for all members.

And one other thing, you still need to check the box again when you hit Preview, then again when you hit Submit.
I was not scrolling the page down far enough to see the message again.

thanks frank.

i knew i had been able to post to an old thread before, but also remembered getting a message that it couldn't be done. lack of sleep messes with my mind at times.

Back
Top Bottom